• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

From the link:

Coffee is still in an overall downtrend (see chart below) but if it turns now, it will put in a second higher price low since its bottom in December at 118, which makes it not only a long trade to take, but also gives it a chance to have a major bullish reversal. Looking ahead if it can take out 128 with some conviction, there could be the birth of a new bull market in the commodity.

For the chart:

COFFEE - maybe a turn to a new bull market

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted, W.C. Fields.

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:40 PM

From the link:

Coffee is still in an overall downtrend (see chart below) but if it turns now, it will put in a second higher price low since its bottom in December at 118, which makes it not only a long trade to take, but also gives it a chance to have a major bullish reversal. Looking ahead if it can take out 128 with some conviction, there could be the birth of a new bull market in the commodity.

For the chart:

The coffee tuture did not turn up, continuing the down trend (and its bear market).  Profit on short now at 147% of initial margin.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted, W.C. Fields.

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

From the link:

For the chart:

The coffee tuture did not turn up, continuing the down trend (and its bear market).  Profit on short now at 147% of initial margin.

Coffee futures reversed to a long on the close today, netting a 100% profit for the end of the trade, $2350 per contract on an initial margin requirement of $2310.

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

Does JO work for these signals by any chance?

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:47 PM

Does JO work for these signals by any chance?

Gave JO a look-see and couldn't make it work on the back test, probably because of the lack of leverage on the swings.

By the way, after a $200 loss on the last long, coffee is short and up a bit but sitting close to a supporting trend line (yuck).

Edited by diogenes227, 31 January 2018 - 07:48 PM.

#6 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

THANKS