• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

From the link:

And it was a fall worth something. On my $10K weekly options model, the intraday sell signal on the in-the-money QQQ 166 put raced up to a peak gain of 167% and finished the day up 127%; the SPY in-the-money 280 put peaked at 94% and finished the day up 51% (see the white flags on the lower right of the charts below).

If there more downside to come?

Over and over again, this bull market has said no and charged ahead after every little downside glitch. It will continue to do so until it doesn’t. After today’s reversal from higher highs, long-term breadth turned negative making all of the sells on my swing signals shorts (see table below). If today turns out to be the time the bull does not charge higher, well then…it will be a bull that dies with a whimper instead of a snort.

For more and the charts:

Weekly Puts Rock The Reversal

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:35 PM

From the link:

And it was a fall worth something. On my $10K weekly options model, the intraday sell signal on the in-the-money QQQ 166 put raced up to a peak gain of 167% and finished the day up 127%; the SPY in-the-money 280 put peaked at 94% and finished the day up 51% (see the white flags on the lower right of the charts below).

If there more downside to come?

Over and over again, this bull market has said no and charged ahead after every little downside glitch. It will continue to do so until it doesn’t. After today’s reversal from higher highs, long-term breadth turned negative making all of the sells on my swing signals shorts (see table below). If today turns out to be the time the bull does not charge higher, well then…it will be a bull that dies with a whimper instead of a snort.

For more and the charts:

Weekly Puts Rock The Reversal

SNORT    watch the sky

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:03 AM

Different this time?

SNORT!

rolleyes.gif

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

Different this time?

SNORT!

rolleyes.gif

tyler durdan......watta maroon....lmazoff.....and u belief this guy    rofl

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:51 PM

Different this time?

SNORT!

rolleyes.gif

tyler durdan......watta maroon....lmazoff.....and u belief this guy    rofl

biggrin.png