• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:59 AM

From the link:

As the 10-minute screenshot for the day shows there was almost no money to be made in the choppy action, and if there were any profits to be taken, they would have had to been taken fast while losses would have been easy to come by on both sides of the market (see the flags on the lower right of each chart below).

However, with both the SPY and QQQ closing above their respective opens and intraday moving averages, as well as all end-of-day swing signals turning bullish again, the initial trade on Monday is to the buy side (see table below) for another possible up swing.

For the table and charts:

CHOPPY FRIDAY, BUY IT MONDAY

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

From the link:

As the 10-minute screenshot for the day shows there was almost no money to be made in the choppy action, and if there were any profits to be taken, they would have had to been taken fast while losses would have been easy to come by on both sides of the market (see the flags on the lower right of each chart below).

However, with both the SPY and QQQ closing above their respective opens and intraday moving averages, as well as all end-of-day swing signals turning bullish again, the initial trade on Monday is to the buy side (see table below) for another possible up swing.

For the table and charts:

CHOPPY FRIDAY, BUY IT MONDAY

Taking half off at $5K profit. SPY,  QQQ weekly calls.  In the money.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 melonseed

melonseed

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

well done! I am still riding it for a little. Price target not met.

Trade safe.

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

The final results:

DAY TRADING SPY OPTIONS