Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:12 AM

Its interesting that the last time bullishness and bearishness was this high, October 2015, the market was flat to down for the next year.  Just taking this chart into account shouldn't one expect volatility to start at the least?    

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:32 AM

Its interesting that the last time bullishness and bearishness was this high, October 2015, the market was flat to down for the next year.  Just taking this chart into account shouldn't one expect volatility to start at the least?    

looking back is easy  anybody can do it.....looking forward is the hard part....only for the minority......snort   watch the sky

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

looking back is easy  anybody can do it.....looking forward is the hard part....only for the minority......snort   watch the sky

In my view thats an invalid comment, I never mentioned any other inputs into the current rally, if you only take this chart into context it shows that the market should be flat to down for the coming year.  Thats a fact for bulls and bears, it doesn't lie!  Think you need to show other charts before you can say "watch the sky" because this chart in no way shows that.  

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

In my view thats an invalid comment, I never mentioned any other inputs into the current rally, if you only take this chart into context it shows that the market should be flat to down for the coming year.  Thats a fact for bulls and bears, it doesn't lie!  Think you need to show other charts before you can say "watch the sky" because this chart in no way shows that.  

the market or me doesnt care about what your view is..... ive been saying watch the sky since 09 eh.....and the epicenter or (RECOGNITION WAVE}  will wake most up including even a mensa like prechter in due time    ....wats coming only a few if any can imagine   ...675 ono  

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

Sentiment isn't a magic wall that can stop the market from rallying.

In point of fact, it takes a reason for some selling to occur. Excessive Bullishness only tells you that there may be enough people with weak hands to take the market lower once the selling starts.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#8 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:23 PM

I have been watching this forum for years 

Chief is the only one who called it right at the bottom

He is also the only one who correctly called the rally all these years 

snort

#9 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

"Just taking this chart into account shouldn't one expect volatility to start at the least?"

The blowoff is rare and will cause some wicked vol coming up. It doesn't mean we are going down a lot, but we are likely to get some wild swings as some distribution takes place. Cheif, no need to respond as you are an [bleeep] on lists, have been right, and you are bullish if its down, unch, or up.

Edited by tommyt, 25 January 2018 - 04:37 PM.

#10 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

"Just taking this chart into account shouldn't one expect volatility to start at the least?"

The blowoff is rare and will cause some wicked vol coming up. It doesn't mean we are going down a lot, but we are likely to get some wild swings as some distribution takes place. Cheif, no need to respond as you are an [bleeep] on lists, have been right, and you are bullish if its down, unch, or up.

blowoff????   lmazoff   u day traders still lighting candles for volatility......nickles n dimes    n bullish all the time ??  wrong again   http://www.siliconin...htxt=opex short      ...smooch