• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:04 AM

From the link:

For now, after Friday’s further plunged to another new low and reversal back into positive territory, it’s likely the market will bounce this week. How high and for how many days is anyone’s guess but a bounce is what to look for, and, as they say, if one sees what one is looking for, jump all over it.

For more discussion and a chart:

MARKET TIMING THE BOUNCE

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:19 AM

"bounce"......sic   pop.gif

#3 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,933 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:31 AM

What's your target for the bounce? 

Edited by redfoliage2, 12 February 2018 - 05:36 AM.

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

How high and for how many days is anyone’s guess but a bounce is what to look for, and, as they say, if one sees what one is looking for, jump all over it.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#5 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:26 AM

small caps quickly leads to the downside...

#6 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:12 AM

it looks to me this bounce is being sold hard, and people want to escape this market

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

How high and for how many days is anyone’s guess but a bounce is what to look for, and, as they say, if one sees what one is looking for, jump all over it.

Partial from this past weekend's Weekly Breadth Data update:

"The current .382 Fibonacci retracement level for the daily SPX is at 2692 (which is also the top of the previous Elliott 4th wave at 2695 on a closing basis), with the next level of .618 resistance coming in at 2761 (which is the mid point of the Elliott 3rd wave crash sequence before and after February 5th). Because of this then, let's look for Friday's rally to continue into next week to challenge the 2692 level by Friday's OPEX, with the following week setting up for some backing and filling before another rally is seen into the 1st week of March."

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#8 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

Partial from this past weekend's Weekly Breadth Data update:

"The current .382 Fibonacci retracement level for the daily SPX is at 2692 (which is also the top of the previous Elliott 4th wave at 2695 on a closing basis), with the next level of .618 resistance coming in at 2761 (which is the mid point of the Elliott 3rd wave crash sequence before and after February 5th). Because of this then, let's look for Friday's rally to continue into next week to challenge the 2692 level by Friday's OPEX, with the following week setting up for some backing and filling before another rally is seen into the 1st week of March."

Fib

Thanks.  smile.png

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

you guys obviously arent counting the recent sharp decline as a violent C wave off a B wave high  ending an intermediate 2nd wave thus....a meltup 3rd wave is underway....there is only one right count.....as it has been since 09.....watch the sky

#10 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:44 PM

138 point rally in two trading days.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter