• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,019 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

I'm confident that this is still a Bull market because it ACTS LIKE A BULL MARKET.

That doesn't mean that the market can't go down. It can and it will. BUT, in a Bull market when momentum is up, support holds and not just major support, minor support holds. Today, the market couldn't even fall through the 39-hour.

Similarly, the weakness yesterday could only take place in GLOBEX. Once the market opened, the moving averages meant nothing--the market blew through them like poop through a tin horn.

When this changes, we can change our approach. But for now, weakness should be viewed as corrective.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

yo mark is this board restricted to day traders?   are nite traders or position traders permitted?    just askin....it seems only day trading short sellers hold sway here....and to be fair only unmoderated real time trades are worth anything   and since im under moderation..it seems unfair that i am blasted for my long term outlook and or position trades......since i feel im wasting my time providing insights to this bull market....im taking some time off  (goin to PR for 2 week vacation)  leaving this board ....except of course for you fib and mss....  to the floundering coin flippin day traders who   sorry to say  only present percentage gains  and what that means in real money i dont know ....well......if i missed a few sorry    ill let the door hit me in the arse......giveup.gifoh and 2 others things before i go      WATCH THE SKY   ..6750N0    ps ......  SNORT

#3 saltlake

saltlake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:11 PM

Thanks Mark

#4 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

I got 5 down from highs in S&P and NYA for wave 1 or A, I think we see another leg down to new lows for 3 or C, from my perspective the odds of that happening are pretty good, but as always or its a best guess and PureBS

Senor

#5 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:37 AM

This is all you need to watch if you want to predict stock market direction

http://investmentres...itative-easing/

They simply cannot sell the private debt securities they own and they cannot stop buying to reduce their balance sheet over time.  This is not a real economy any more - its all theater.  Wall street is not main street but the FED will protect and enrich the banks at all costs.

#6 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:40 AM

This is all you need to watch if you want to predict stock market direction

http://investmentres...itative-easing/

They simply cannot sell the private debt securities they own and they cannot stop buying to reduce their balance sheet over time.  This is not a real economy any more - its all theater.  Wall street is not main street but the FED will protect and enrich the banks at all costs.

The FED is and always has been the major banks, wrapped up as a "private institution" so no one sees the books. Non elected private individuals running the world's monetary system for their own gains. The general public acceptance and stupidity is beyond comprehension.

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#7 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:43 AM

cheif, back in the day this forum was full of all types of traders. Long term and many position/swing traders. You probably know this.

It's primarily hourly option and future scalpers now...no use to me and it seems you.

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#8 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:33 AM

Has Mark put a gun to anybody's head here to not post their position trades ? LOL

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#9 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:57 AM

cheif, back in the day this forum was full of all types of traders. Long term and many position/swing traders. You probably know this.

It's primarily hourly option and future scalpers now...no use to me and it seems you.

Think it still is but the main point is that everyone has an opinion and right or wrong everyone is worth respect not continual arrogant comments.  

#10 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:51 PM

yo mark is this board restricted to day traders?   are nite traders or position traders permitted?    just askin....it seems only day trading short sellers hold sway here....and to be fair only unmoderated real time trades are worth anything   and since im under moderation..it seems unfair that i am blasted for my long term outlook and or position trades......since i feel im wasting my time providing insights to this bull market....im taking some time off  (goin to PR for 2 week vacation)  leaving this board ....except of course for you fib and mss....  to the floundering coin flippin day traders who   sorry to say  only present percentage gains  and what that means in real money i dont know ....well......if i missed a few sorry    ill let the door hit me in the arse......giveup.gifoh and 2 others things before i go      WATCH THE SKY   ..6750N0    ps ......  SNORT

Are you f-ing kidding me?

That's the longest post I can ever recall you making and you're pissing and moaning that you're not feeling particularly appreciated for your primary market insights -- "Watch the Sky" and "Snort"?  Congratulations on getting this bull right, but that's almost comical.  We are watching...to see you at the turn.

By the way, it appears Mark has made mostly everyone welcome here but, nevertheless, it is called trader-talk, not buy-and-hold-talk.

Have a nice trip.

Edited by diogenes227, 16 February 2018 - 12:51 PM.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."