• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:23 PM

From the link:

The Nasdaq Composite had less of a pull back than the SPX but still marked at today’s close four days down in a row. Four days down is often the time for another surge up, and often times during this bull market it is the time the bounce become a rally with an attempt at new highs. In addition, short-term breadth turned up again, taking long-term breadth with it, both very positive signs and they have a lot of room to move up (see the SPY/Market chart below).

In other words, I’m expecting the market to shoot up Friday.

But…as Trader Vic Sperandeo has fondly said: “If the market doesn’t do what it’s expected to do, it will do the opposite twice as much.” So day traders be nimble, swing traders tighten stops, and investors watch your asses — this is not a spot you want to be blindly holding if expectations go awry.

For more and the charts:

Can the bounce become a rally?

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."