• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,016 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:58 PM

Why the Market Is Not Going Down?

I think the flexibilities it provides makes it much better than it was anticipated.

Edited by redfoliage2, 08 March 2018 - 04:06 PM.

#2 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:05 PM

maybe it didn't make up the mind yet?

Or the market doesn't take Trump seriously anymore.  He just flip flops all the time.

Edited by ryanoo, 08 March 2018 - 04:07 PM.

#3 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,016 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:15 PM

With the boot finally dropped and SPX broke out from the ST resistance I see a big relief rally tomorrow.............

Edited by redfoliage2, 08 March 2018 - 04:22 PM.

#4 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:24 PM

Maybe the market is moving in a momentum pattern and people are just assigning news reasons that seem to fit. If true, some times you just can't find a reason why, so people shrug and wonder why. Why did VIX hit some upper trend line and head lower exactly on multiple news events like Brexit and the US election, that's what i want to know. Maybe these events drive volatility yet there is some max level you would have trouble exceeding, via the Law of Lines, like an invisible dog fence.

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:31 PM

Because it's good business, no less, domestic manufacturers will switch back to a better quality product that's made in the USA.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

Because it's good business, no less, domestic manufacturers will switch back to a better quality product that's made in the USA.

Fib

gotta long way to go       https://www.seeitmar...patterns-17510/

#7 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

its not the only story in town.

while Trump just added tariffs - the rest of the world just had a meeting and reduced them to each other without us

#8 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:08 PM

I think the flexibilities it provides makes it much better than it was anticipated.

gee thats old news isnt it??   like the epicenter of primary wave 3 up.....   years ago i promised that the reasons for the advance would come but at much higher prices.......some remember ....some dont     675ono     and it was "anticipated"

#9 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:21 PM

Fib

I am no Trump supporter. But i think tariffs vis-a-vis China is a good step forward. Nobody has a convincing explanation as to how this is bad. The only cliched response is that, it will create an all out trade war and will be bad for the U.S. Nooooo ! China is not going to retaliate. They are already protectionist to their neck. I posted a bloomberg article on this a few days back as to how they built their entire tech empire by protecting them. Alibaba's success is not through innovation or competition. They built their business by selling knock-offs on well know U.S brands from iPhone to what have you. And they were well protected by the Chinese both on competition and on the IP violation front. I think the Tariffs against China has to be broadened - just Steel and Aluminium won't cut it. And yes, there's a lot that still needs to be done on the intellectual property front. A big issue is made out of this by the vested interests. No we won't go into great depression because of this - quite the opposite ! And the markets don't give a darn about this issue, other than a few knee jerk reactions.

Reminds me of the hot button issue of 2017 - North Korea war. And how many times did i say last year that it's not going to happen. It provided a great wall of worry for the market to rally. No war has ever happened in good economic conditions. 

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#10 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:05 AM

Trump economy going gangbusters!

Plus 313 Non Farm! 

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest