Robert Miner Freebie Video

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,722 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:49 AM

This came in my email on Friday. He said to go ahead and share.

Will be gone by Monday, so watch quickly if you want to see it.

TLDW:

Bonds should be near Wave 3 Low of first big leg down in Long Bear Market

Gold/Silver should launch almost immediately. Next IT target on Gold 1485 Minimum

Dollar close to tradable low, but he does not expect 2017 high to be taken out for 3-4 years....

Stocks should top next week, then go down and take out Feb lows. He says top as early as Monday.

https://vimeo.com/259438558/f77353539b

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#2 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

who is he?  Google turns up many 'Robert Miner'

One died in 1994, one is pedophile pimp, one is a historian at Baylor university, a 52 year old one is a software executive, and a 47 year old one is an educator for traders.  So, it must be the last one.  Is he a billionaire yet?  He seems to be very certain about the market.

#3 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:33 PM

He is a credible trader. I have his book and have adopted some of his methodology

https://www.amazon.c...ds=robert miner

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#4 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:23 PM

There is a qualifier in all these projections.  If it goes above the swing high, the outlook is canceled.

#5 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:59 PM

Data
Swing high as in 2790 high or the 2873 high?

#6 pedro

pedro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 767 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:58 PM

There is a qualifier in all these projections.  If it goes above the swing high, the outlook is canceled.

Prechter gets reamed for making calls then never indicating the levels at which they expire.

Others like Miner qualify their outlooks ...  he operates using behavioral expectations from EW ... and essentially folks complain because there are contingencies, or ... well, if the market does this, I'm wrong.

The qualifiers are actually the hallmark of a GOOD analyst.

Especially when given in advance, since he's not with you the moment those occur.

Edited by pedro, 11 March 2018 - 06:59 PM.

#7 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:55 PM

Prechter gets reamed for making calls then never indicating the levels at which they expire.

Others like Miner qualify their outlooks ...  he operates using behavioral expectations from EW ... and essentially folks complain because there are contingencies, or ... well, if the market does this, I'm wrong.

The qualifiers are actually the hallmark of a GOOD analyst.

Especially when given in advance, since he's not with you the moment those occur.

Totally agree on that. Any analyst who cannot say where they would be wrong (a price level or a indicator change etc) are dangerous. Like you said qualifying the outlook is the hallmark of a good analyst and they are becoming a rare commodity these days. 

I have seen Robert Miner's work in the past and i can say he is a good analyst.

People who make absolute predictions and never change their minds no matter where the market goes are permabears and permabulls. Those analysts will take you to the cleaners if you follow them. Market analysis is a dynamic art and you have to keep changing your mind as the price action progresses. Gosh, how many days do i start the trading day with a certain outlook and reverse it completely by the end of the day. Those days are called trend turns. 

Edited by NAV, 11 March 2018 - 10:00 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#8 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:06 PM

Changing your mind is a strength when the market price action dictates so. Then there's this category of amateurs who change their mind even when the market dynamic has not changed. They are the chicken littles of the TA world, who get scared by every small correction. Or they are the big egos of the TA world who think the market should turn because they think so, even if the market action says otherwise. 

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV