• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:34 PM

From the link:

If one is a swing trader in ETFs 3x-Leverage is the name of the game.

For example, the currently short-term breadth indicator I follow gave a swing buy signal last Thursday for Friday’s open and the market exploded to the upside Friday. While the Dow and the SPX stalled out today, the Nasdaq put on another up day, actually the seventh in a row. The same short-term breadth signal that gave the buy for Friday morning has now given a sell for tomorrow’s open.

I will not be surprised if tomorrow the entire market takes a dip, likely just a dip, not a tumble.

Been saying this here for years, like TQQQ up 5% in two days...

BUT HERE IT SOME OF IT AGAIN, AND A CHART PANEL.

Also check out discussion of NAIL and the banking ETFs.  Until 2008 happens, can't conclusively say...but it's sure beginning to look like the 2007 top in the interaction of those sectors.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 darnelds

darnelds

• Traders-Talk User
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:39 AM

Dio,

Thanks for sharing your charts.  It looks like a lot of signals.  Do you automate trades in Tradestation?

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

Yes, I automate.

Nothing like a gap to get out of the long (see link above) and a crap to scalp the short (see put in the chart on the right).  Took some off on that spike just because...

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:15 AM

Good call and trade, Dio.