Photo

Tillerson out; fade the news opportunity?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EliottWave5

EliottWave5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:54 AM

https://www.cnbc.com...ompeo-wapo.html

I think given the markets' massive overreaction (and responding correction to the upward trend) following Cohn's resignation, another opportunity to fade the news may arise in the near future.

Especially considering Tillerson was part of the 'suicide pact' with Mattis and Mnuchin.  So it could well be three cabinet replacements.

I apologize if this post comes across in any way political; I do not want to make this topic about the politics.  

#2 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:21 AM

So do you sell or buy?

All the Trump foreign relations guys are being replaced with hardliners.   In the end, it is all the same.   Their approach to Russia-China-Iran doesn't allow the Russians reprieve on the battlefield in exchange for isolating China and Iran as more immediate targets.

#3 EliottWave5

EliottWave5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:39 AM

Buy.  Trend is up.

No signs of weakness yet, but when Mnuchin and Mattis honor the deal, we might see a decent buying opportunity.  

Edited by EliottWave5, 13 March 2018 - 09:40 AM.

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:00 AM

Something someday is going to blindside the long-term complacency in this bull market but evidently it will not be the obvious chaos in this Presidency.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#5 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:40 AM

https://www.cnbc.com...ompeo-wapo.html

I think given the markets' massive overreaction (and responding correction to the upward trend) following Cohn's resignation, another opportunity to fade the news may arise in the near future.

Especially considering Tillerson was part of the 'suicide pact' with Mattis and Mnuchin.  So it could well be three cabinet replacements.

I apologize if this post comes across in any way political; I do not want to make this topic about the politics.  

Price is not driven by banana-republic-esque politics.

Edited by NAV, 13 March 2018 - 10:43 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#6 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

Or by a soft coup.  The outgoing CIA director warned Trump back in January 2017 that they were going after him.

480 billion dollars in new debt supply has been added since 1/31.