Taking a break

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 alex_the_short_seller

alex_the_short_seller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:22 PM

I have never seen NAV to post a single chart or anything that is relevant to technicals. He comes up with random numbers and some of them works, more than 50% wrong. His last trade worked so he decided to open his blog , create his own audience and possibly launch a trading service. This is a classic snake oil stuff.

#12 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

I have never seen NAV to post a single chart or anything that is relevant to technicals. He comes up with random numbers and some of them works, more than 50% wrong. His last trade worked so he decided to open his blog , create his own audience and possibly launch a trading service. This is a classic snake oil stuff.

OMG sorry I I think you need to take back your comments!  This is the reason guys like him leave!!  There are two things people seem to forget on this site! 1,,,,it is called "traders talk" so people are supposed to post the trades they are going for up and down and everyone needs to "respect" their comments right or wrong it doesn't matter how often they are right or wrong.  Personally I think he's way more right than wrong!!  2.,,,,,, The people that get on here and saying nothing except to the moon etc give little relevance.  This is the reason I don't say much because all I do is sell premium I'm not a market timer but I watch all of the traders on this site and he is worthy of respect for doing what it says it is......."traders talk!!"  

#13 larryh

larryh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:51 PM

Alex,

I strongly disagree with you.  I am fairly new to this site and have been fortunate to have followed and learned from NAV even from the short time I have been here.

NAV has very generous with posting his trades - when they were 100% right and and even wrong.  He has stated his trade, his stops, his losing trades, and admitted when he was wrong.

Of course he has his methods and technicals as all of us do....you are naive if you think his "random numbers" are pulled from the air.  For someone who has nailed many trades and let them run when they were profitable and cut them short with his tight stops is a sign of a professional, expert trader.  I do not believe anyone on this site would agree with you.

Snake oil ? Shame on you. 

NAV, thanks for being here and helping us learn from you.  Wish you were not leaving as, selfishly, I have so much still to learn. Waiting for your return and blog or any other way for you to

still educate us.

#14 alex_the_short_seller

alex_the_short_seller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:06 PM

larry,

please tell us what you learned from him. Tell us how he comes up with the numbers since you seem to have the inside info

12spx

No I will not take my comments back, I am just stating the obvious. To me, there is no difference between NAV and da_chief. Both never post anything relevant to trading . chief is always a bull, he likes to repeat he is long from 666. He seems to be a genius all the time.  NAV is like a random number generator. sometimes right sometimes wrong but he uses stops so he likes to appear to be a genius all the time by telling us what is what after the facts.

#15 alex_the_short_seller

alex_the_short_seller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:19 PM

12spx

Although I don't post very often , I have been around since 1999. Some 19 years. I have seen real talented people here, most of them left. NAV left many times before , he was back in no time. This time will be no different. 

#16 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

For someone who had added nothing to this forum, you seem suddenly to have a voice in putting down someone who has freely contributed a great deal and from which many have learned or profited.  Do you have more to offer?

#17 alex_the_short_seller

alex_the_short_seller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:59 PM

claire,

I am asking you too: What did you learn from this person who never posted a single chart or any technical material relevant to trading , just like ME.

At least I dont come here, and lure people to follow my blog when one of my trades work. So that I can one day open a subscription service.

I have been lurking around for 19 years, I read TT during the last 3 bull markets and 2 bear markets. I know whos is who very well. 

#18 bighouse1006

bighouse1006

• Traders-Talk User
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:02 PM

Good luck !

#19 nacho

nacho

• Traders-Talk User
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:12 PM

From what I can gather his strategy involves searching for fat tails,which means his win percentage will be low. He takes small risk for huge reward. I recall a couple years ago where he had lots of small losers, and a not many winners. Lately he has hit some huge home runs.

#20 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:41 PM

LOL ! If i wanted to open a subscription service, i could have done it 10 years back. I have had numerous requests over the years to provide a service. You can rest assured that i have no plans to start any kind of trading service, anytime in the future. I quit my well paying corporate job for the freedom of trading when i was 34 years old (12 years back) and i have not looked back since then. I will not trade that freedom, to be held hostage by subscribers for $39.99 a month !. 

Win rate means jack in this business. That shows you know nothing about trading. So i am not going to argue with you. You can call me a lucky-random-number-generator. 

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV