• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 viccarter

viccarter

TRIN_Rida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:24 PM

Raised cash Monday by selling VXX also taken 3/16.  Do I wish I'd have blown out the short Monday?  Yeah, a little but short from about 1590 RUT cash, so still have some room to play.  Feels like I've left some $ on the table this week after nailing Monday so well; the volitality play was huge.  What else is happening?  Had bot some UNG Monday 3/19 close that was looking good, and then I lost all of the profits in about a 60 minute stretch this morning. I cut it at breakeven, and it felt bad to do it, but it kept going down after that so it was the right thing.  The SLV taken 3/16 close worked out today.  I didn't have much.  I'm keeping it for now.

Bottom line holding short RUT shorts around 1590 cash - 1/2 position no adds today.  A daily close back above the 3/13 highs would concern me, although, being honest, that's more heat than I'm willing to take and would cut it before then if it comes to that.  Holding 25% of the VXX I bought close of 3/16, $39.4 average, still up on it.  Also a little SLV, also in profits.

3 green positions, plenty cash and I feel melancholy about it all.  Was way more excited Monday about 10:00, but the overall trading plan has not changed.  I think well go down from here. Let's see.

Edited by viccarter, 21 March 2018 - 04:26 PM.

#2 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:34 PM

Shorts excellent call.  Congrats

TM

#3 viccarter

viccarter

TRIN_Rida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,825 posts