Polls

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:28 AM

The daily polls seem to have people voting that IT and swing trade mostly and doesn't really have

any bearing on what is expected the day of the vote. I think they just reiterate what their position is,

which is mostly long, no matter if the market is going up or down. I wish there was a poll that was just

for day traders only.

#2 saltlake

saltlake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:20 AM

Start one :)

#3 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:49 AM

The daily polls seem to have people voting that IT and swing trade mostly and doesn't really have

any bearing on what is expected the day of the vote. I think they just reiterate what their position is,

which is mostly long, no matter if the market is going up or down. I wish there was a poll that was just

for day traders only.

I (swing trader) usually vote in the daily poll and your characterization of my voting record is true.  Since the record high in late Jan. I have been flat and bearish at times.  

Blogging at http://RichInvesting.wordpress.com

My swing trades typically last a couple of weeks to a couple of months. 

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:06 PM

for day traders only.

I think you can create polls. If you will post it daily and set parameters, I'll pin and set close times.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#5 EntropyModel

EntropyModel

• TT Member*
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

for day traders only.

Doesn't the question on poll 'what is your opinion for tomorrow' cover that?

Day traders by definition don't hold overnight, and change positions often during day, so not sure how to poll that usefully.

Question everything, especially what you believe you know. The foundation of science is questioning the data, not trusting the data. I only trust fully falsified, non vested interest 'data', which is extremely rare in our world of paid framing narratives 'psy ops'. Market Comments https://markdavidson.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznkbTx_dpw_-Y9bBN3QR-tiNSsFsSojB

#6 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:19 PM

I vote in the daily poll based on what my position currently is (after the close) and what my indicators tell me to expect of the next day.  Though I think of myself as a day trader, I often hold overnight because many of the gains (and losses) essentially happen overnight (gaps up and down).  I really don't like to hold overnight and sometimes get burned due to the gaps but have not found a good solution. 

TM

#7 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:56 PM

for day traders only.

Day traders by definition don't hold overnight, and change positions often during day, so not sure how to poll that usefully.

Yes, it probably does, though a lot of times the poll is net long but bearish for tomorrow, so I don't know how much weight to 

give it. It just seems like there is hardly a heavy leaning on the short side even in front of big down days, which tells me that

people are biased long until maybe a 50/200 crossover turns them bearish.

#8 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 04:36 PM

for day traders only.

Yes, it probably does, though a lot of times the poll is net long but bearish for tomorrow, so I don't know how much weight to 

give it. It just seems like there is hardly a heavy leaning on the short side even in front of big down days, which tells me that

people are biased long until maybe a 50/200 crossover turns them bearish.

That does not describe what I do.  I use technical indicators RSI and MACD, the chart pattern, economic data being released, and geo-political events, and as a backdrop I use a monthly look at the long term indicators to tell if we are in a bull market or a bear market.  Even though I'm a swing trader, I have sold out of the market 3 times since late Jan.  All of my weekly updates are posted, as well as all the monthlies, wordpress has done a good job with that.

Blogging at http://RichInvesting.wordpress.com

My swing trades typically last a couple of weeks to a couple of months. 

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:16 AM

This crew is really rather good at picking tops and bottoms.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter