Yeah, yeah, yeah!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:43 PM

Yesterday, I said "yuck, yuck, yuck" on the notion that Tuesdays and Thursdays after trending days were not worth trading.

It was mentioned in the discussion (you can see the thread elsewhere), that they are often the prelude in the current market to trending days.  In this case I suspected that would be today and it would be up given that my daily signals were all positive.  Got the trending part right but not the direction thanks to the news, Trump and AAPL.

But, of late, I am primarily a day trading buyer of SPY options in either direction. Today puts.

So in other words, yeah, Yeah, YEAH! cheer.gif

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 viccarter

viccarter

TRIN_Rida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

The "news" was and is 100% irrelevant to what this market was already going to do. 

#3 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

Donald Trump wants the bears to profit from his tirades on twitter.  

Trump thinks the economic "pain" that he causes senselessly with twitter is good for America.

Bears like it and bulls hate it.

Increasingly there is no one around in the WH to stop him from his self destructive behavior.

Edited by ryanoo, 06 April 2018 - 02:07 PM.

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

The "news" was and is 100% irrelevant to what this market was already going to do. 

Generally can't deny that I but I happened to have had buy signals in place for a bounce that got killed today.  Maybe not by the news so much as by a resumption of the bear market, but whatever...

I hesitate to say for fear of hexing it but my put buy is up at the moment 176% for the day.(two trades).

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

Trump thinks the economic "pain" is good for America.

Bears like it.

Never forget the last businessman elected President of the United States was Herbert Hoover.

#6 Venatici

Venatici

• Traders-Talk User
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:10 PM

Bears like it.

Never forget the last businessman elected President of the United States was Herbert Hoover.

But USA has a long tradition of entertainers and celebrities as presidents.

#7 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

Bears like it.

Right now, I'd be happy with Jay-Z or Katy Perry. biggrin.png

Edited by diogenes227, 06 April 2018 - 02:27 PM.

#8 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

Bears like it.

Right now, I'd be happy with Jay-Z or Katy Perry. biggrin.png

Jay-Z or Katy Perry would know to listen to the right people. Donald only listens to his inner voice, to his children and to those who he has seen on TV a lot.

#9 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:56 PM

All 4 of our family IRA's are up 40% since Trump got elected. Nuff said.

Edited by pdx5, 06 April 2018 - 05:58 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#10 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:08 AM

All 4 of our family IRA's are up 40% since Trump got elected. Nuff said.

Racked up 337% this week with some help from him...buying puts.

So once again -- yeah, yeah, yeah!

Edited by diogenes227, 07 April 2018 - 02:17 AM.