Death throes of a Dying Bull

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:51 AM

The rising trend line break is deep enough now to justify a pivot signal notwithstanding that the 11:00 am CDT 20 bar hasn't closed yet and finalized the price flip signal.  Well defined stop area at this point

Opportunity knocks on your door every day-answer it.

#12 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:04 AM

The 11am CDT ESM18 hourly chart just printed a TD Combo countdown 12 sell signal.  Futures often turn on the 12th bar of the TD Combo countdown.  It also printed a TDSEQh12, which can complete at a lower hourly close.  The 11 am bar vs prior bar MFI {(HIGH-LOW)/VOLUME}was down and volume was down indicating volume and price movement wise that ESM18 is primed for a reversal.

#13 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:05 AM

Rally rally rally! 

I need volatility to crash down so I can buy more QQQ puts.

How can you be sure those puts won't go to zero ? The daily can be up 100 SPX in two days with more on the way if this breaks higher.

#14 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

We got that price flip.  INX broke am low after it's gap up, hit and pivoted off the 50% retrace from yesterday's low.  Now will it fill that gap?  I'm hedged, a little short,  and watching whether 2635 ESM is broken as a signal of an acceleration down and a retest of yesterday's lows or whether this mornings highs are broken.   Although not unanimous, ST the various Hurst models are leaning toward more down.

#15 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:49 PM

The double top formation already reached its 1.618 measured move.  Some people have been looking for a rally to breach the 2661 area or to break out of the triangle before the next  decline.

#16 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

Rising wedge formations are not generally bullish... just sayin.

SP00_60_4.10.18.jpg

Link to chart: https://postimg.org/image/xwcjsvh2h/

#17 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:11 PM

everythings been bullish since 09.........the bear has been ded since then......snort

#18 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,256 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:17 PM

It's HOLD or FOLD hour, let's see if the bulls can send this higher or crumble

I hope they can finish strong today, at least holding a 50-point S&P rally into tomorrow

#19 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,256 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:27 PM

I don't trade "teen" or out-of-the-money options ( I used to do that during my first 2 to 3 years of trading)

I'd rather buy 20 contracts of deep in-the-money puts or calls at @ $10 than 40 contracts at $5 each

I don't but with market orders (crazy spreads) wait for big rallies & low volatility to fill my limit orders. Sometimes you miss good trades at slightly higher prices but 'that's the deal with buying when you want and at your cost. Markets will always be there so no point in rushing any trades.

If I lose 25% or more premium I decide whether to cut losses or roll over into higher strikes at the next month or two.

#20 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,018 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

My favorite long set up is a rising wedge that breaks to the upside.

Rising wedge formations are not generally bullish... just sayin.

SP00_60_4.10.18.jpg

Link to chart: https://postimg.org/image/xwcjsvh2h/

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter