SPX

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

Too dangerous to be adding to longs at this point, that should have been done Friday close or on the

10th on the turn. Anything added now you are just hoping it will work out, way late.

#2 saltlake

saltlake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

At this point though you know your risk/reward. Its a head and shoulders breakout to the upside with a measured target of around 2770. A red brick close below the break out should be your stop. I see your point though, it would be easy to get whipsawed right here on a failure.

#3 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

The main point is not to generate a bunch of risk situations and stop outs that wipe out any profit.

There is a tremendous amount of noise in daily and intraday charts that you can easily overtrade

and ruin an account quickly, just sort of trying a trade here and there with no plan. I prefer eod trades

if there is a setup, otherwise trade the first brick on the Renko, need to buy a week or two time on those

starting out though. 

I will stop taking profits too early on a setup day like today, got to wait for the close.

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

Opened a short, got a signal on the hourly, may be bad as the trend is up.

#5 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:56 PM

This market is going to fall like a stone.  

#6 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:16 PM

#7 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:22 PM

I hope I'm wrong, I stand to make a lot more going higher, but this is the weakest advance I have

ever seen given what's happened the last few months.

#8 saltlake

saltlake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:13 AM

Risk/reward situations are what its all about. Although never fun ,Stop outs are just part of the game. Btw, yesterdays breakout should be tested at some point in the coming days which would give another nice risk/reward set up. Absolutely nobody knows if this breakout is for real , its all about money management :)

#9 Shaggies_View

Shaggies_View

• Traders-Talk User
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:10 AM

Busting through 50dma might is my line in the sand.

#10 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:38 AM

Bad data after the close, messed me up. This is what the Q's looked like and everything else was divergent.

Or did they already know where it was going and put the data in too early ? Very strange.