Gap and go

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:01 AM

A gap of 5 points or more is likely not to fill today. The mirror move down in the futures looks very bearish,

probably targeting the gap at 2659. Looks like the rally is done, 2690 close, confirms. This is expo week,

not supposed to be this kind of action, especially off IT lows. Maybe as far as internals they threw everything 

including the kitchen sink at it but price just didn't want to go along.

#2 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:56 AM

I just closed out all of my short positions, puts, short call spreads and the like, for small gains. All total I banked $6700. which more than pays for our meals and tours of Italy later this month. Its time to take a break from work, from trading and to spend quality time and much needed R&R in Europe.
You guys make some money this month! Ill check in whens a I return at beginning of May.
Next cycle turns: (April 18, just passed, a high?), April 25-27 and May 7 (Ill be back by then).

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:36 AM

A gap of 5 points or more is likely not to fill today. The mirror move down in the futures looks very bearish,

probably targeting the gap at 2659. Looks like the rally is done, 2690 close, confirms. This is expo week,

not supposed to be this kind of action, especially off IT lows. Maybe as far as internals they threw everything 

Did your system give a sell ?

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:41 AM

Not yet, but I closed my 269 calls, maybe should have kept them but I won't short without a signal. I want to find out

how much the market wants to go higher or not. If it recovers and makes a new high then 280 probably next.

#5 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:44 AM

Not yet, but I closed my 269 calls, maybe should have kept them but I won't short without a signal. I want to find out

how much the market wants to go higher or not. If it recovers and makes a new high then 280 probably next.

Isn't wise to wait for a system signal before getting bearish ?

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#6 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:53 AM

Isn't wise to wait for a system signal before getting bearish ?

Not really bearish but the trade was a late add, 50 points after the signal, no room for error on that and taking drawdowns on

cheap OTMs so I decided to close it out. The main rule of the system is to get in early and don't add and don't take any off

until the next turn, didn't follow it that well, I think I took the initial position off early and went back in with cheap calls which didn't work.

#7 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:01 AM

Opened April 27th 268P, system is now on a sell.

#8 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:26 PM

Smart money has been buying every down day since the bottom, and now there is another signal on close.

I didn't take it yet, I want to see what the futures do and where cash opens. I will leave my price system short

on regardless unless it turns. These signals are very rare, only a few the last six months besides the recent string

off the lows.

#9 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:23 AM

Running a volume assessment on the situation it's looking like if the current bar builds higher than the preceding

up bar then the sell will fail, every hour any add on volume is locked in, could happen by 10am.

#10 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:03 AM

The sell is still good now that 2680 went, but I don't like that high of volume starting out even though it was lower.

It could get really ugly though as those that bought the close yesterday are forced to sell, didn't work for them this time.

SPX P/C was over 2 to 1 short this morning again like yesterday.

Edited by CLK, 20 April 2018 - 10:09 AM.