SPX

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

Break the line and the downside is most likely over.

https://invst.ly/7928u

#12 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:39 PM

I think I am going to buy $3 to $4 ITM next time on Renko turns, the time and countertrends put me in too much risk

with ATM, if it doesn't go far and spends some time then turns on me, 70% loss instead of 30%.

Been watching you for years struggling with option decay. Not just the option decay, but the large spreads and slippages makes options one of the most inefficient instruments to trade in a slow market.

I can understand that you don't want to trade ETFs as you said your account size is not large enough. If leverage is what you are looking for, then why not trade the ES futures, which gives you plenty of leverage. Trading futures does not require a big margin.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#13 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:43 AM

I think I am going to buy $3 to $4 ITM next time on Renko turns, the time and countertrends put me in too much risk

with ATM, if it doesn't go far and spends some time then turns on me, 70% loss instead of 30%.

Been watching you for years struggling with option decay. Not just the option decay, but the large spreads and slippages makes options one of the most inefficient instruments to trade in a slow market.

I can understand that you don't want to trade ETFs as you said your account size is not large enough. If leverage is what you are looking for, then why not trade the ES futures, which gives you plenty of leverage. Trading futures does not require a big margin.

Well I thought I bought the 269 but it was actually the 268, so one strike out, I think if I buy more in the money I will be ok. Futures are good for the one minute but I use a 20 point stop so I think for now just trade options. For ES it would take 130 points to double the overnight maintenance I have to maintain, with options about 40-50 points to double. But with options, even in the money the minimum time premium is $0.50-$0.75, can't totally eliminate the time decay.

I am still trying to figure out if taking st profit at intraday oversold is better than just carrying for days, I can get back in on a bounce

could have done that three times already and doubled my money, if I sell early and it keeps going, not as bad as wasting the whole trade on a stop and reverse.

Edited by CLK, 24 April 2018 - 01:52 AM.

#14 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:46 AM

Last chance for bears.

https://invst.ly/794ge

#15 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:11 AM

I don't think there has been any hourly swing the last few months you couldn't get a double out of by taking profits

early or multiple times, might have missed some of the 140 point moves doing that. My goal is to stack about five doubles

and then take half that money and repeat.

I figured today was going to turn on me after the late day reversal, so I hedged, next time I will try taking profits, but if I time wrong and

it gets away from me, I have to stand aside and let it go or use a tight stop from then on or else my Renko stop goes up.

https://invst.ly/7988j

Edited by CLK, 24 April 2018 - 06:13 AM.

#16 chem

chem

• Traders-Talk User
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:29 AM

Hey bro have you looked at micro forex futures they can be a good alternative to get your feet wet and gain some proficiency in the futures market. It sounds like your stop management needs some tweeking - just remember no more than 2% draw on any single trade along with max daily loss limit (honored like your life depended on it) will allow your edge to reveal itself and protect against acct blow ups.

Good luck,

chem

#17 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:29 AM

Gap and go signal for the day is 8.7 points or higher. There was only one minor 5 point retrace overnight so that should be it for any dip and should happen from later in the morning, not early. 

Edited by CLK, 24 April 2018 - 06:30 AM.

#18 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:35 AM

Hey bro have you looked at micro forex futures they can be a good alternative to get your feet wet and gain some proficiency in the futures market. It sounds like your stop management needs some tweeking - just remember no more than 2% draw on any single trade along with max daily loss limit (honored like your life depended on it) will allow your edge to reveal itself and protect against acct blow ups.

Good luck,

chem

Sounds like lower leverage, might work better for my account than ES. 

#19 chem

chem

• Traders-Talk User
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:53 AM

Dont mean to put you the spot but what would you do right now in the es and i'll tell what i would do...

#20 chem

chem

• Traders-Talk User
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:04 AM

Okay I have not look at futures since before post think it was 87ish i would sell anticipating a smaller gap open stop at 93ish - target below yesterday's low..but really the trade is built around the closeness of the stop available and the reason why the trade is taken is almost secondary. just remember no more than 1.5% of acct value on any individual trade calculated at a minimum daily. Now lets see if it a stop or ?