• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:56 AM

The calls own the day.

Day trades on Fridays have accounted for 57% percent of the profits in this system, year to date.

THE DAY TRADE PER $10K TRADED

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:49 PM

Again the calls own the day.

Primarily, the 267 in-the-money call, expiring today, for an overall gain of 103%.  But still down for the week.  Quite a lot.

"FAST MONEY WHEN IT GOES YOUR WAY"

But...

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

Again, the calls!

Just took some off at 100%.

What a great trending market!

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:52 AM

Looks like you are using a 20% stop, that's probably the min. to keep noise from stopping out.

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:46 PM

Looks like you are using a 20% stop, that's probably the min. to keep noise from stopping out.

Entries and stops are always the choice of the individual trader.  What are you comfortable with?

The exit is always no later than the close.  It's a day trade.

I actually don't have a stop, only a signal reversal, which switches this day-trading strategy from calls to puts or puts to calls. 

I must admit there have been times when I have just plain screwed it up. And I have on occasion sold into strength but that is determined by the ES futures.  For instance the trending day on May 4th pushed the ES up more than two standard deviations with the SPY call up 200%.  That was a "take-the-profit-fool!" moment if ever there was one.  As it was the trade ended the day up 180%.

Too bad this day is not doing that (so far).

SPY OPTIONS ON FRIDAYS