• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,010 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

I saw this rally coming but I only had a VST Buy this morning. I took it, but the stop for that discipline is fairly close, so I can't hang out as long as I might like if the market isn't really moving. As such, I bailed while it was chopping around for a about a point profit. It was the right call, too, as I would have been stopped out. 

Still, I really wanted to take a bigger position and ride it but the last time I had an hourly buy was yesterday morning (and I went long then, too, and took 10 out). Just frustrating. 

BTW, I'd not short this thing, even though the hourly is looking toppy. I've seen things type of market before...

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:48 PM

I saw this rally coming but I only had a VST Buy this morning. I took it, but the stop for that discipline is fairly close, so I can't hang out as long as I might like if the market isn't really moving. As such, I bailed while it was chopping around for a about a point profit. It was the right call, too, as I would have been stopped out. 

Still, I really wanted to take a bigger position and ride it but the last time I had an hourly buy was yesterday morning (and I went long then, too, and took 10 out). Just frustrating. 

BTW, I'd not short this thing, even though the hourly is looking toppy. I've seen this type of market before...

if u use a 12 hr rsi of the dow with its half span MA.....you will always be comfortable with ur trades.....the 12 hour rsi is calculated  using  the hourly closes of 1035 1140 1245 150 255 and the close     since  back many moons ago the exchange moved to a 65 minit hour after they extended daily trading by 30 minits...remember they used to start at 10am est  all this was done in view of the fact most trading software is still using the 60 minit hour