• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:13 PM

I shut down Chrome at least once a day to get better performance.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#12 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:58 PM

I have Windows10 networked on 2 desktops and a laptop and Chrome browser. Similar issues with Chrome, I reboot once a day. 

I will try some of the suggestions from the learned ones. Thanks 

"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#13 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:07 AM

I had installed Firefox awhile back, started using it this morning and all my trouble is gone. I was up to rebooting(unplugging) my computer

several times a day with Chrome. This was an updated version of Chrome from about 6 months ago, I don't know if I need a five year old

version or not but regardless I have had nothing but trouble with it even years back. I highly recommend discontinuing Chrome and use

Firefox instead. Now lightning fast and reliable.

#14 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:25 PM

When i open Google Chrome and look in Task manager, i see 10-12 instances of chrome running. WTF ? Why do they need 10 instances ? What are those 10 instances in the background doing ? Must be busy collecting my personal data. Google products like Google maps, Google earth, Youtube are all great. They were all good companies that Google bought. Most products that Google has developed in-house is garbage, Gmail, Chrome et al. Very user un-friendly, intrusive and suspicious. It's not a secret that Google collects 100 times your personal data than what Facebook does. 

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#15 EntropyModel

EntropyModel

• TT Member*
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:51 PM

When i open Google Chrome and look in Task manager, i see 10-12 instances of chrome running. WTF ? Why do they need 10 instances ? What are those 10 instances in the background doing ? Must be busy collecting my personal data. Google products like Google maps, Google earth, Youtube are all great. They were all good companies that Google bought. Most products that Google has developed in-house is garbage, Gmail, Chrome et al. Very user un-friendly, intrusive and suspicious. It's not a secret that Google collects 100 times your personal data than what Facebook does. 

Nav I take you mean processes on Task manager not instances  ( under applications). For Chrome, there is usually 1 process per tab open, plus a main process. So If i have 9 tabs open, might be 10 processes running. As to 'why' it does that, it has to do with design of programs I doubt anyone is interested it, but under Windows a process has more isolation so actually its a way of isolating bad effects of one tab e.g. if it crashes it only effect that tab not whole application. 

But yeah, you are right, most applications are essentially 'spyware'  and there is not really much you can do about it, unless you want to write your own software.

That is also true of search engines, every google search you have ever done it high odds stored somewhere etc

Edited by Entropy3.0, 21 May 2018 - 06:51 PM.

Question everything, especially what you believe you know. The foundation of science is questioning the data, not trusting the data. I only trust fully falsified, non vested interest 'data', which is extremely rare in our world of paid framing narratives 'psy ops'. Market Comments https://markdavidson.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznkbTx_dpw_-Y9bBN3QR-tiNSsFsSojB

#16 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:59 PM

Use "DuckDuckGo" or "StartPage" for at least claimed privacy. The latter uses Goolag's search engine but anonymizes it.