• 18,000 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:43 AM

https://www.cnbc.com...resolution.html

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

There should be a clearer view and a decisive move either way in the market direction after the trade talk ends tomorrow.  For now it just drifting around with no directions.

Edited by redfoliage2, 17 May 2018 - 10:26 AM.

#3 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:28 AM

It didn't affect market much, and neither for later, i guess, I worry the 10 year yield is 3.108 now. and bond is selling hard, it will do something to stocks.

#4 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:05 AM

It didn't affect market much, and neither for later, i guess, I worry the 10 year yield is 3.108 now. and bond is selling hard, it will do something to stocks.

it will do something in stocks by accelerating the rise.  Money from selling bonds and the international money (rising $ and rising market) will flow into US stocks.  stop worrying about the higher yield.

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:46 PM

Interest rates ALWAYS do something to stocks. But 3.108% is not high enough to affect markets much if at all.

It would have to be in 4.5% area to have a significant effect. We had interest rates higher than 4.5% for many decades preceding Bernanke & Yellen. At 3.1% interest rates are historically very low. RIght now I see only 1 item which can do something to markets. And that is DEBT levels all over the world.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule