24 replies to this topic

#21 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:06 AM

PDK,
Im a type 1 Diabetic on insulin. Im eztrenely healthy as Inexercise very intensely on a daily basis and I follow the Keto (zero carb) diet. Nonetheless I still need prescription meds and this would run me $700/mo. without insurance. No amount of golf or exercise will cure my diabetes. I need insurance. Going without Insurance wouldnt work for me.

diabetes type I can not be cured. Mine was type II since I was diagnosed border line in late 50's-60's.

Type II can be controlled by only one method in my experience....

Take all your calories during any 8 hour period during each day.

Complete fast other 16 hours (water or tea or coffee without sugar is great)

Type II is due to insulin resistance, not lack of insulin.

Only way to cure that is give muscle cells complete rest from insulin for 16 hours each day.

I don't kow what type of diabetes you have, but if it is type II, do the above. You will not be sorry.

If nothing else, your medication dose will gradually decrease.

PDK,

I'm type 1 (juvenile) and theres no cure.  I manage it with exercise, a ketogenic (or Paleo diet) diet and insulin.  My insulin needs have decreased from an ave. of 35 IU's per day down to 16 because I eat zero carbohydrates.  All of my consumption is meat and vegetables, no sugars, no dairy, no grains.  This has helped my diabetes tremendously.  In fact, my A1C is only 6.2

You are doing great, handling diabetes type 1. Keep it up, and you will live as long as anyone else,

just do not give up on some form of exercise, especially after reaching Medicare age. Ketogenic diet

is healthy for us all, diabetic or not.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#22 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:32 PM

Cycletimer
As long as people pay rent, I do not care about property values. Sure maybe rent will decrease some during an economic downturn. As a result my goal is to kill off as much real estate debt as possible to reduce costs and increase the margins. Along with trading, I hope to weather the storm.

I do have concern when AI starts sweeping the nation. Ton of lost jobs/wages. This wont be a temporary impact (like recessions) seems to be a lasting issue once it starts to occur. This to me is my biggest concern.

#23 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:36 PM

PDK,
Im a type 1 Diabetic on insulin. Im eztrenely healthy as Inexercise very intensely on a daily basis and I follow the Keto (zero carb) diet. Nonetheless I still need prescription meds and this would run me $700/mo. without insurance. No amount of golf or exercise will cure my diabetes. I need insurance. Going without Insurance wouldnt work for me.

diabetes type I can not be cured. Mine was type II since I was diagnosed border line in late 50's-60's.

Type II can be controlled by only one method in my experience....

Take all your calories during any 8 hour period during each day.

Complete fast other 16 hours (water or tea or coffee without sugar is great)

Type II is due to insulin resistance, not lack of insulin.

Only way to cure that is give muscle cells complete rest from insulin for 16 hours each day.

I don't kow what type of diabetes you have, but if it is type II, do the above. You will not be sorry.

If nothing else, your medication dose will gradually decrease.

PDK,

I'm type 1 (juvenile) and theres no cure.  I manage it with exercise, a ketogenic (or Paleo diet) diet and insulin.  My insulin needs have decreased from an ave. of 35 IU's per day down to 16 because I eat zero carbohydrates.  All of my consumption is meat and vegetables, no sugars, no dairy, no grains.  This has helped my diabetes tremendously.  In fact, my A1C is only 6.2

You are doing great, handling diabetes type 1. Keep it up, and you will live as long as anyone else,

just do not give up on some form of exercise, especially after reaching Medicare age. Ketogenic diet

is healthy for us all, diabetic or not.

I exercise too much PDK!  I have a home gym so that way there's no excuses.  The problem is that I am upstairs in my gym all the time.  If I have insomnia at 3 AM, you now where I am?  I get up and hit the gym!

#24 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:41 PM

Cycletimer
As long as people pay rent, I do not care about property values. Sure maybe rent will decrease some during an economic downturn. As a result my goal is to kill off as much real estate debt as possible to reduce costs and increase the margins. Along with trading, I hope to weather the storm.

I do have concern when AI starts sweeping the nation. Ton of lost jobs/wages. This wont be a temporary impact (like recessions) seems to be a lasting issue once it starts to occur. This to me is my biggest concern.

Waver,

Having two kids in college (and their job prospects with AI) concerns me also.  Luckily one will be a teacher and robots can't replace good teachers.  The other daughter?  A communications degree; she's going to work for a cruise line like Carnival or Royal Caribbean, so she'll be fine as well. AI will present problems though. By the way, I don't do residential.  I use Real Estate Crowdfunding and we're invested in hotels, office building, an e-commerce warehouse, etc.  No homes or multi family.

#25 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:52 PM

If AI programmers do as bad job as the software I run into everyday, there is nothing to worry about.

Robots have been around since the 1950's, and I do not see all routine jobs gone. May be the most mundane assembly jobs and taking orders at McDonalds will be taken over by machines. All that means is more low skilled people will be on welfare supported by tax payers. WHile the more skilled find jobs as robot programmers and robot repair techs.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule