Photo

Rising rates worldwide meet record debt.

Martin Armstrong

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:58 AM

Martin Armstrong recently predicted a fast and furious jump in interest rates to 10% and the US Dollar as the world's safe haven.

This weekend's news seems to be arguing the same potential:

EVANS-PRITCHARD: Financial system vulnerable as rising rates meet record debt...

24 June 2018

World debt ratios have spiralled to record levels during the era of super-easy money and markets are showing tell-tale signs of late-cycle excess, leaving the international financial system acutely vulnerable to a jump in borrowing costs. 

Any reversal in our fortunes could be “quick and sharp”, says the Bank for International Settlements, the venerable global watchdog based in Switzerland and the scourge of dissolute practice.

The warnings cascade from the BIS’s annual report released over the weekend

'Powerful Signal of Recessions' Has Wall St Attention...

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:30 PM

Time for another Quantitative Easing by FED?

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:05 AM

DIMON: 10-year Treasury yield could hit 5%...

2018/08/06

"I think rates should be 4 percent today," Dimon says. "You better be prepared to deal with rates 5 percent or higher."

The rate on the closely followed 10-year note remains below even the 3 percent level despite Dimon's expectations.

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:25 AM

Remember when... Martin Armstrong predicts Dollar to be the only safe place.

See:

http://www.traders-t...oo/#entry784027

Turkey Currency Collapses; Edges Closer to Finanical Meltdown...
Panic...

Turkey's embattled lira on Friday hit new record lows against the US dollar and euro, losing over seven percent in value as strains with the United States showed no sign of abating and fears grew over the exposure of European banks.

CNBC: Traders are continuing to bet the dollar rally will continue. Speculators have raised bullish bets on the dollar to the highest levels since January 2017. There's been particular weakness in the Chinese yuan in conjunction with trade war rhetoric, but also in Russia, Turkey, and some emerging market currencies. The pound has made a new low, the euro is not acting well. This should be a significant headwind for international equities, but it hasn't been:

"It's been impressive the market is holding up so well with the dollar grinding higher," Alec Young, Managing Director for Global Markets Research at FTSE Russell, told me.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 10 August 2018 - 09:24 AM.