i hope everybody is ready for monday

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:41 PM

To: Don Green who wrote (107533) 6/29/2018 11:30:17 AM From: Don Green 4 Recommendations  Read Replies (1) of 107682   An indicator I watch closely is the the SP Adv vs Decl ($ADSPD) numbers which are presently 209 and I think when we get above 334 which has been the high number going back to Jun 4.

A few days ago it was as low as -379

The SP Adv vs Decl ($ADSPD) numbers has now surpassed 334 . Just hit 357 which for me is very bullish

Don

#2 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

I hope you are right.  I was a buyer on Friday, ended down a bit as the market faded into the close.

Blogging at http://RichInvesting.wordpress.com

My swing trades typically last a couple of weeks to a couple of months. 

#3 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:26 PM

Still have an overhead gap on the QQQ chart that will need to be overcome......but I don't know.  Mid term election years are the definition of total crap during the summer months, going into the fall where the real bottom usually occurs.  When ever it goes up, don't worry, it's going to give it all back and then some.  The NDX stat that bothers me the most......every mid term election year going back to 1986, NDX has spent time below the 200 day MA at some point during the summer before the November election.  Not yet this year.....

Lee   

#4 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 10:22 PM

I consider healthy up move in A/D numbers not producing a proportional swing to be a negative.

I have viewed many charts (overlaid with my indicators) to find ones that show impulses that usually would precede a good move up.

To my surprise I found very few and at the same time some key ETF's are showing impulses pointing lower,except for the inverse ones like VXX pointing higher so I have changed my weekly vote to bearish for the week.

A day or two of indecision or slight up would be the best prelude for a move down.

I do not have targets, have to see how it unfolds. Will have stops under recent low to be triggered into shorts.

What I am attempting to describe is the change of forces trying to move prices back up to turning down.

In short I do not see context for a good move up right from here.

If the market did not loose ground next week it will be the bulls' turn again.

"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#5 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:11 PM

I guess all the big money traders on vacation this week and everyone seems to expect a positive bias week or at worse sideways.... hmmmm that would be too kind of the market to deliver that

#6 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:41 AM

Great call Da_Chief, so far, thank you ;)

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#7 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:42 AM

One more dip pre-market or at the open then there should be a solid rally of more than just a few days.

#8 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:59 AM

One more dip pre-market or at the open then there should be a solid rally of more than just a few days.

Why ?

#9 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

Took profit, waiting for another spot to short.

#10 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:53 AM

Great call Da_Chief, so far, thank you wink.png

thanks i guess u were ready for monday......and what call was that?