Following chart by Square Root

EOM September 2018 Sentiment trader Projections for Gold

GoldSep.PNG

#492 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:16 PM

today is very encouraging action for my eyes.  gold -16 miners firm. . not following gold down. gg got hit out of the gate  now +on the day. a major , and major component of the gdx.   housing appears to have topped homebuilders profits dwindling https://gracelandupd...18oct8home1.png. stock market feeling the weight of rising interest rates.  

my question is when, does the fed blink. escalating debt, rising interest rates, take the confidence out of the economy and the question is when does the fed blink!!!\

dharma

#493 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:38 AM

Armstrong's latest blog article throwing cold water on gold in both dollars and euros.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#494 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:49 AM

today is very encouraging action for my eyes.  gold -16 miners firm. . not following gold down. gg got hit out of the gate  now +on the day. a major , and major component of the gdx.   housing appears to have topped homebuilders profits dwindling https://gracelandupd...18oct8home1.png. stock market feeling the weight of rising interest rates.  

my question is when, does the fed blink. escalating debt, rising interest rates, take the confidence out of the economy and the question is when does the fed blink!!!\

dharma

I think it would be encouraging to have another miner gap down opening and up close, lets see how it plays out

Senor

#495 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:22 AM

as the title of the thread  its all bottoming action. this is a process. i believe some of the generals have bottomed, but not the entire sector.  not sure the lows have even been seen yet. this wave 2 off the 2016 top is a drawn out process. and it could last a while longer. being aggressive now could be costly. it seems to me that  this is a long drawn out process. the last cots for gold , were very bullish. the commercials got more long.  the noose is going to be a large net when it is tightened there will be some very large up days. until then . the market will chop and bore one to death.  

dharma

i read marty every day, i want to see what the majority are thinking. and it seems to me he has a bone to pick w/just about every one .  he is the smartest man , most knowledgeable in the world. and if you dont think so, just ask him he will tell you. 

#496 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:59 AM

as the title of the thread  its all bottoming action. this is a process. i believe some of the generals have bottomed, but not the entire sector.  not sure the lows have even been seen yet. this wave 2 off the 2016 top is a drawn out process. and it could last a while longer. being aggressive now could be costly. it seems to me that  this is a long drawn out process. the last cots for gold , were very bullish. the commercials got more long.  the noose is going to be a large net when it is tightened there will be some very large up days. until then . the market will chop and bore one to death.  

dharma

i read marty every day, i want to see what the majority are thinking. and it seems to me he has a bone to pick w/just about every one .  he is the smartest man , most knowledgeable in the world. and if you dont think so, just ask him he will tell you. 

I would not be surprised by another 4/5 daily to new lows in some stuff while others hold above. IMO it would likely be a modest new low if it occurs vs a massive washout. Some wave patterns look constructive and other look corrective off recent decline low so it is a tough call here, overall bigger picture bottoming action IMO.

Senor

#497 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:17 PM

dharma

I would not be surprised by another 4/5 daily to new lows in some stuff while others hold above. IMO it would likely be a modest new low if it occurs vs a massive washout. Some wave patterns look constructive and other look corrective off recent decline low so it is a tough call here, overall bigger picture bottoming action IMO.

Senor

yes, that is what i see also, i call it bottoming action.  the thing is we know the ending. it is just when does wave 3 begin. w. the commercials growing their long positions. eg last weeks cot. there is going to be some explosive up days. i dont know when. just that it is coming. right now we are bottoming

dharma

#498 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:07 PM

headwinds to the fed https://gracelandupd...ct10stkmkt2.png

10-20th of oct heliocentric mercury enters sagg=bullish a big% of the time

looking ahead to the elections. the stock market on the ropes here.  due to higher rates, tariffs. trade wars etc. now throw in the elections 

what if the democrats win a majority in the house or senate.  the trump agenda gets put on hold . and maybe proceedings against trump!?

my point is this the elections are going to throw uncertainty into the picture. i cant see that as good for the broad market.  going into the elections. and if the 

dems win. going out of the elections. keep in mind the newly elects dont take office till january

looks like a triangle here. in gold and miners an abc or possible impulse up if its 4 then 5 is to come . if its an impulse we should go up in wave3 soon

i lean towards 4of5 of c of 2  but i am open . 

dharma

#499 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:40 PM

Trump is unlikely to be able to stop rates from rising, my chart's trend is in agreement with what the Marty just wrote... 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#500 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:21 AM

WELL  if the dollars rally continues, you have many 3 rd world countries who borrowed in dollars.  and you can be sure that american banks were lenders , after all 09 as an example they get in trouble and the citizens bail them out.  there are many spinning plates.  10-20 helio mercury in sagittarius has a very high correlation to being bullish.   so far yesterday and today up for gold . gold has broken out of the pennant. pattern. above 1226 and i think the lows are in. october has not been kind to the broad market. and here we are in 18 w/some significant down days.  there are times when gold/dollar move in tandem not often but it does happen.  so far all part of golds bottoming process. 

interesting to see more cbs buying gold. poland is the latest to enter the fray.  like it or hate it gold has a long history of being money.  since 72 in this country when president nixon closed the gold window. 

dharma

see those mountains of debt .  think they will be paid off?