bottoming action for the start of a big rally

• Please log in to reply
631 replies to this topic

#521 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

Wave 4 of C of 2 looks complete at this mornings highs - Wave C of 4 could extend, but chances are 50/50 IMHO

Note:  a move below 68.72,  then 67.82 on $XAU increase the odds that Wave 4 is complete, FWIW

Looks like $XAU did a minute 5-waves down for i after the morning high - followed by a ii - tomorrow should open weaker - we will see!

#522 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:48 AM

still on the fence . i can see the possibility that we bottomed . if so the market has to prove it by rallying above 118.5 if so then i think the lows are in and we are off 

if not then i think there is one mor low in the cards

cautiously bullish here

prove it!!!!\

dharma

#523 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:36 PM

still on the fence . i can see the possibility that we bottomed . if so the market has to prove it by rallying above 118.5 if so then i think the lows are in and we are off 

if not then i think there is one mor low in the cards

cautiously bullish here

prove it!!!!\

dharma

yeah, could be an abc up in a lot of stuff, or this could be a modest consolidation and we go higher, I can see it either way as well, I do currently "lean" to the bullish case but I want to watch this pullback closely to either get back in or leave it alone

Senor

#524 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

todays action to me looks like a gap fill

on the hourly charts the mining indexes look like a flag pattern

so we wait and see the action does look constructive

dharma

#525 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:54 AM

gold appears to be spinning its wheels .making no upside progress

a broken record -i see both sides of the case . is this a 4foC bounce w/wave 5 to come or

have we bottomed and started a new impulse wave 3 up

we are in almost uncharted waters as far as the cot. will the commercials continue to lay in the weeds building their long positions. eg ted butler believes jpm has built a huge physical hoarde of silver.  so, since the commercials are also quite long paper gold on the comex. and the large specs have reversed their bullish stance and are now quite bearish

the dollar has a large synthetic short position. ie 3rd world has borrowed in dollars. in fact i read yesterday turkey plans to issue a bond  in dollars. so they can borrow even more money.  the commercials are lopsided short the dollar.   

the long term picture is quite clear. there is an enormous mountain of debt which will pretend to be paid off , so some point down the road there will be monetary problems we are in a tightening cycle of interest rates. 

so, i lean bullish but @this juncture i need to see the market prove it to me above 118.5 gld and i will be bullish w/my money.  until then i wait.  78 was the year , gold started to break out above 400 and go parabolic.  i believe that this bull lasts longer than the 80 top ie we go up past 2020. 

anyway that is my ramble

dharma

#526 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:23 PM

nothing new from the fed! 

hadik

as of todays update  

he is looking for a little more rally in the broad market

a couple of days pull back in the precious metals

then

a resumption in the upward march in the metals and miners

if the impulse wave count is correct then that is what to expect(my 2c)its what i am looking for if the bulls are in control

dharma

the other day poland increased its gold reserves

now this https://gracelandupd...7tenbagger1.png

when times are bad cbs dont trust eah other and they exchange gold as payment!

Edited by dharma, 17 October 2018 - 02:24 PM.

#527 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:06 PM

hadik

as of todays update  

then

if the impulse wave count is correct then that is what to expect(my 2c)its what i am looking for if the bulls are in control

dharma

Yeah, "so far" I have to say the pause/high level consolidation appears bullish. Went home solidly but not aggressively long. Also there is simply a dearth of posting and nothing close to overconfidence, in fact I'd say a lack of any confidence rules the day, I view that as constructive, we see

Senor

#528 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:55 PM

hadik

as of todays update  

then

dharma

Yeah, "so far" I have to say the pause/high level consolidation appears bullish. Went home solidly but not aggressively long. Also there is simply a dearth of posting and nothing close to overconfidence, in fact I'd say a lack of any confidence rules the day, I view that as constructive, we see

Senor

Or outright exhaustion! LOL

#529 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:51 AM

doing som

e light buying . flag patterns on the miners charts.  large specs very short.   time to put some feet in the water. 

gold remains firm , but no upside progress above the 1235

2yr rivals highs of 08.  artificially low interest rates for so long showing stimulating effects

correction in the broad market  nearing its end.  after 500+up day in dow , no follow through yesterday buying may have exhausted

coming into indian festival buying season  physical well bid. 

cautious but off the fence

dharma

miners seem like value

ceo of abx accumulating shares he is ex gs

#530 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:08 AM

talking to mysefl

gold and the miners appear to be flagging. in spite of a big down move yesterday the miners were firm =something different

sentiment is important at extremes , which is what we have in the present cot reports.  the last time the commercials were long was 01 

so not a common occurrence . the move will happen in bankster time

i had stayed away from abx for years . it seemed they were aligned w/the banks not gold . well john thornton became ceo , former gs president, and he has accumulated shares ,not selling any, in spite of the price soaring. . so abx is a heads up. things have changed dramatically there

dharma