bottoming action for the start of a big rally

• Please log in to reply
631 replies to this topic

#571 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

dharma, thanks for the Venus comments. I can 't get the Stewart Thomson link to work.

#572 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:12 PM

the chart is in todays update http://www.321gold.c...n_s_110618.html

dharma

#573 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:18 PM

its not just gold , and gdx that have inverse h&s patterns copper and platinum have that pattern as well

the horses are lined up at the gate . waiting for the starting gun

dharma

#574 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:55 AM

two views... https://www.cnbc.com...ls-markets.html

"Edmonds said that from 2009 through 2015 he conspired with other J.P. Morgan traders to manipulate the prices of gold, silver, platinum and palladium futures contracts on exchanges run by the CME Group. He and others routinely placed orders that were quickly cancelled before the trades were executed, a price-distorting practice known as spoofing.

"For years, John Edmonds engaged in a sophisticated scheme to manipulate the market for precious metals futures contracts for his own gain by placing orders that were never intended to be executed," Assistant Attorney General Brian Benczkowski said in the release.

Of note for J.P. Morgan, the world's biggest investment bank by revenue: Edmonds, a relatively junior employee with the title of vice president, said that he learned this practice from more senior traders and that his supervisors at the firm knew of his actions."

https://www.armstron...d/gold-bitcoin/

"Yes, these people are insane. Why would the gold cartel want to suppress gold prices? They claim to force people to sell their gold at cheap prices. But the annual production of new gold is about 3150 tons as of 2017. There are 32,150.75 troy ounces per metric ton. That means the annual production during 2017 was 101,274,862.5 troy ounces. That is a lot of new gold coming to the market every year. That is far more than small investors would be dumping."  MA

Edited by Russ, 07 November 2018 - 06:57 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#575 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:25 AM

looks to me like the broad market is set up for its year end rally. imo it will be a B wave , which could make new hghs

the set up is there, ie inverse h&s in gold , gdx,hui, platinum, and copper .  when the necklines will be taken out is the question. 

as an aside in the new forecaster armstrong 11.22 calling for a panic cycle.  he is calling for a massive bond market collapse.  this interview took place 9/18   for some reason it will not allow me to put the link in for the trailer!11!!!!

we shall see.

dharma

Edited by dharma, 07 November 2018 - 11:31 AM.

#576 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:10 PM

Thanks, dharma.

#577 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:47 PM

looks to me like the broad market is set up for its year end rally. imo it will be a B wave , which could make new hghs

the set up is there, ie inverse h&s in gold , gdx,hui, platinum, and copper .  when the necklines will be taken out is the question. 

as an aside in the new forecaster armstrong 11.22 calling for a panic cycle.  he is calling for a massive bond market collapse.  this interview took place 9/18   for some reason it will not allow me to put the link in for the trailer!11!!!!

we shall see.

dharma

I have been keeping a very close eye on interest rates, so that Armstrong warning is very interesting to me, is the bond market finally going to call us out on our horrendous deficits and debt levels? If so there will be a chitstorm, we see

Senor

#578 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:04 PM

we shall see.

dharma

I have been keeping a very close eye on interest rates, so that Armstrong warning is very interesting to me, is the bond market finally going to call us out on our horrendous deficits and debt levels? If so there will be a chitstorm, we see

Senor

BTW the INTEREST PAID on the National debt on the fiscal yr just ended Oct 31 is expect to be just over $500 billion dollars, yes 1/2 a Trillion! That's a good portion of the projected deficit for that 2018 fiscal year. Next years deficit is expected to be around ONE trillion, so overall debt just keeps marching northward of 20 TRILLION, and the more rates rise the faster that debt increases, just think if we have a bond "problem"? Man, this could get REAL interesting

Senor

#579 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:33 PM

did we bottom yet or more to go?

#580 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:23 PM

we shall see.

dharma

Senor

BTW the INTEREST PAID on the National debt on the fiscal yr just ended Oct 31 is expect to be just over $500 billion dollars, yes 1/2 a Trillion! That's a good portion of the projected deficit for that 2018 fiscal year. Next years deficit is expected to be around ONE trillion, so overall debt just keeps marching northward of 20 TRILLION, and the more rates rise the faster that debt increases, just think if we have a bond "problem"? Man, this could get REAL interesting

Senor

yes, in a new york minute. its coming just dont know when. the interest on the debt is now larger than the defense budget!! in 01 there were sputters and spurts to gold beginning its trek from 252 -1924 . tough to say w/conviction if the bottom is in or not. breaking convincingly on volume over the neckline would be a good 1st clue.today is the start of 5 days of diwali the rupee hitting the skids against the dollar has caused gold to go up against the rupee, making it unaffordable and out of reach for indian buyers. so the lack of physical demand has made for a lackluster gold market.its certainly not a time to bet the farm . in 03 one of my neighbors mortgaged his house and took the money and bought gold in the low 400s.   this could turn out to be like that, but i can see many forces that could weigh on gold.  eg what will happen if the jig is up on bonds.? that is a major event! i can see the synthetic short position in the dollar causing the dollar to run. putting pressure on gold.  for me these are murky waters.  but all the while the backdrop for the pms gets brighter and brighter. its just what happens between now and then

dharma