Correction over

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:30 AM

2 days was all she wrote !. My ST trend has turned back to bullish at SPX 2824. 

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,463 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:09 AM

hmmmm not sure about that but I do see were in a nicely rising descriptive channel right now.  We could see a new high by the middle of the month but it does feel like the market is dragging a weight.  It could even fall all the way 2750 and still remain up.  August will likely become very volatile I think.  Right now I'm still curious if there will be a surprise from the Fed, unlikely but would make for a fun trading day!!

#3 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:23 AM

Still on a sell on my system until hourly close at 2830.

#4 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:49 AM

Still on a sell on my system until hourly close at 2830.

Looks like they might fill yesterday's gap, before starting the ramp-up after the Fed.

Edited by NAV, 01 August 2018 - 11:49 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#5 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:24 PM

I"m not even close to all clear and that's on a TQQQ 5 min chart using some MA crosses.  I can usually tell when it's back above the 200 MA on the 15 min, as a reasonable line in the sand.  But not there yet, that battle hasn't started yet.  There are some very good things on the side though......HYG is holding above the 200 day MA and even going higher.  And  (VXST minus VXMT) is remaining below below zero.  VXX below the 200 day MA is good.  Have to wait and see when buy signals are triggered at AmericanBulls for TQQQ and TNA......I doubt that happened today.  Overall.....NDX not having touched the 200 day MA so far during a mid term election year is like suicide going into August September

#6 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:53 PM

One of the best examples on TQQQ today......it failed to get to 63 for an easy upleg start on the the point/figure chart.  Yeah, it could happen tomorrow, but today it was a nice flameout.  Price will tell me exactly when, never early or late.....