Elevated Risk of a Turn Wednesday the 8th

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:36 PM

The system's best guess for a risk window for a turn or acceleration of the current trend this week appears to be Wednesday the 8th.  Five risk cycles I track turn on Wednesday, and I think it is also Don's famous WWW which ought to add some extra juice.  

The Friday the 3rd risk window now looks like a dud with no turn or serious trend acceleration.  There were almost twice as many risk turns on Friday as there are tomorrow the 8th, so tomorrow will be another test of quality versus quantity.  

Anyone else watching Cable?  It sure looks like the rally up from the low on the 6th is in the process of being tested this afternoon.  If it fails the test, the UK will go on sale for you US tourists who like good ale, beautiful rural scenery and friendly folks that speak something close to your language.

Regards,

Douglas

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:28 PM

www ....i would be pleasantly surprised if www was a point of upside accelaration

#3 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:07 AM

Cable failed the test, so Blighty is going on sale for you US tourists.  See you at the Pub. 

Regards,

Douglas

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:21 AM

Sorry to ask maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet lol but what is Cable?

#5 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:09 AM

Wikipedia - Cable (or the cable) is a foreign exchange term used for the GBP/USD currency pair rate (British pound priced in US dollars). The term cable is a slang term used byforex traders to refer to the exchange rate between the pound and dollar and is also used to simply refer to the British pound itself.

Douglas

#6 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:40 AM

Thanks, I don't trade currencies so didn't know!

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,936 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:41 AM

NAZ Breadth collapsing as AAPL back tests the 1T level from beneath....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,936 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:44 AM

Could still see one last push towards NQ 7500, but another move under 7460, would likely mean bulls outta gas for this swing up.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#9 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,936 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:51 AM

Fist sign of trouble??

NQ fails to hold breakout over 7480

#10 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:09 AM

Using very preliminary data, after today the next risk window looks like next Monday the 13th.  I guess the weekend shenanigans will determine the direction.  

Regards,

Douglas