has anyone else here got the top.....

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:49 PM

in Europe by the end of the week ? I cannot see Europe higher for longer than that

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:06 PM

markets climb a wall of worry - the top will come when folks are celebrating

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:37 PM

Ok...I would like to have technical replies, possibly avoiding the kind of comments that are good for any season and for any weather.

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:51 PM

Ok...I would like to have technical replies, possibly avoiding the kind of comments that are good for any season and for any weather.

OK...you start...what are you seeing technically that has you looking for a top for all of Europe for the end of this week?

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:00 PM

in Europe by the end of the week ? I cannot see Europe higher for longer than that

Not sure about this week, but I do suggest the top is in, and it's only a matter of a few weeks until this diamond formation starts falling back again to its origin... then for sure most would recognize the top is in... watching.

DAX_W_8.7.18.jpg

Link to chart:  https://postimg.cc/image/jf130k2eh/

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:06 PM

thanks tsharp...we're tuned on the same radio frequency

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:36 PM

Full stop...how is it that you now suddenly find Elliott Wave somehow technical when you have trashed it in the past?

Still waiting for your technical outlook...we can all be patient while you pull it together.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#8 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

Full stop...how is it that you now suddenly find Elliott Wave somehow technical when you have trashed it in the past?

Still waiting for your technical outlook...we can all be patient while you pull it together.

Fib

Where do you find that I suddenly recognize that Elliott waves are somehow technical ?  I just agree with an IT top being formed here. By the way I have a lower target. He suggests the diamond pattern is the key...I have my own keys, but the conclusion is the same. With no Elliott wave theory involved...

For the rest you can be patient for months to come. I first asked the question, give me your technical point suggesting I' m wrong and I will tell you why I' m IT bearish here. 

Edited by andr99, 07 August 2018 - 03:52 PM.

#9 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:30 PM

Fib

Where do you find that I suddenly recognize that Elliott waves are somehow technical ?  I just agree with an IT top being formed here. By the way I have a lower target. He suggests the diamond pattern is the key...I have my own keys, but the conclusion is the same. With no Elliott wave theory involved...

For the rest you can be patient for months to come. I first asked the question, give me your technical point suggesting I' m wrong and I will tell you why I' m IT bearish here. 

It's customary that when YOU open the door, you should have something of substance to share to drive a conversation.

So when you provide something of technical substance, I will reply in kind....maybe.

Fib

#10 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:31 PM

Fib

For the record... The previous wave-iv low is only the first stop... it was an obvious formation resolution and the previous wave-iv low would also be the first major support... this is a top of much higher magnitude and the bear market will last for years... with a low likely down between 2000-4000 (another wave-iv of lower magnitude)... twt.