PNF

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:06 PM

Been waiting for a decent correction myself, but the sky isn't falling, havent even had a 3 box reversal yet. I think they will come in and support a 3 box reversal if nt sooner, like tomorrow maybe. (JMHO)

https://stockcharts....D][F1!3!!!2!20]

Edited by slupert, 15 August 2018 - 03:06 PM.

#2 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:25 PM

I’m with you. I’ve been a buyer of dips like this one all year (not buy & hold...buy dips and sell the rips). Today I exited my bearish $SPX credit spreads. I didn’t reverse and sell Bullish put spreads bough I did sell a few naked puts on (EEM) and I purchased a half position of $MDY @ 359.75. I’ll add to this and bring it up to a full position on a further dip.

#3 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:26 PM

CYCLES: there is a turn on August 26th (+ or - a day) butvInhave no idea if itll mark a low of a high. This date is on a Sunday so allow a trading day either side of Friday or Monday (8/27).

Edited by cycletimer, 15 August 2018 - 03:28 PM.

#4 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

i nibbled on some tech at the bell, just for a trade at this point.

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:17 AM

I’m with you. I’ve been a buyer of dips like this one all year (not buy & hold...buy dips and sell the rips). Today I exited my bearish $SPX credit spreads. I didn’t reverse and sell Bullish put spreads bough I did sell a few naked puts on (EEM) and I purchased a half position of $MDY @ 359.75. I’ll add to this and bring it up to a full position on a further dip.

Nice!  I haven't sold naked puts for years now with the margin changes and surprised your broker is allowing it, curious to know your broker and what are the margin requirements?

#6 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:51 AM

Nice!  I haven't sold naked puts for years now with the margin changes and surprised your broker is allowing it, curious to know your broker and what are the margin requirements?

I’m at Schwab and I hold quite a bit of cash. I’m not sure if its still $25k minimum margin. If you maintain of of $100k or more you shouldn’t her any problems selling puts. When I say naked puts, they’re still cash covered,.

#7 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:17 AM

I’m at Schwab and I hold quite a bit of cash. I’m not sure if its still $25k minimum margin. If you maintain of of $100k or more you shouldn’t her any problems selling puts. When I say naked puts, they’re still cash covered,.

Yes I sell futures option premium on the SP500.  Way back in the 1900's margin was minimal for naked selling and as time passed and 9/11 now you gotta at least put up some protection.  I use Interactive now,,, was at MF Global till they imploded and then RJ Obrien but they changed to a risk management thing that made it near impossible to trade.  Funny thing is I thought I had gotten all my money back from MF Global and then just the other day got a check for $158.00 LOL!!!

#8 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:52 PM

Yes I sell futures option premium on the SP500.  Way back in the 1900's margin was minimal for naked selling and as time passed and 9/11 now you gotta at least put up some protection.  I use Interactive now,,, was at MF Global till they imploded and then RJ Obrien but they changed to a risk management thing that made it near impossible to trade.  Funny thing is I thought I had gotten all my money back from MF Global and then just the other day got a check for $158.00 LOL!!!
That proceed is a nice steak dinner! Bravo! I prefer Schwab over other brokers. I negotiated my commissions down on the options trading and now they’re very competitive with everyone else. The service at Schwab as well as the vast array of products makes it tough to beat.

#9 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:32 PM

I just realized that I never followed up on this trade today. I exited my $MDY @ 365.21