xau/yahoo advance/decline line gold silver a/d line

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:02 PM

Taking off the last of the bear-market-bounce play in NUGT, up9.9%, JNUG up 10.7%.

GOLD STOCKS - There's always a bear market somewhere

From the link:

It must be said more downside will come with this much momentum in place. Shorting the bounce, if and whenever it comes, may be the better strategy for swing traders. The sector will be in its own bear market until it isn’t anymore and it’s going to have to base for sometime before it ever sees a bull again.

Took the up swing but did not take my own advice and did not short the bounce.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda...but didn't... swoon.gifcry.gif

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#12 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:09 AM

If you look at the largest volume spikes (green vertical lines) that happened as gold was breaking above it's downtrend line from 2011 that is bullish and the pull back in recent months could be interpreted as a test of the breakout on lighter volume.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#13 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:56 AM

Taking off the last of the bear-market-bounce play in NUGT, up9.9%, JNUG up 10.7%.

GOLD STOCKS - There's always a bear market somewhere

From the link:

It must be said more downside will come with this much momentum in place. Shorting the bounce, if and whenever it comes, may be the better strategy for swing traders. The sector will be in its own bear market until it isn’t anymore and it’s going to have to base for sometime before it ever sees a bull again.

Took the up swing but did not take my own advice and did not short the bounce.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda...but didn't... swoon.gifcry.gif

lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xau/yahoo, advance/decline line, gold, silver, a/d line