• 18,022 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:44 PM

https://www.nytimes....rade-talks.html

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,022 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:50 PM

I see this trade war is going to last for a long, long time.............................

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:38 AM

The New York Times has proven not to be a credible source of information when it comes to anything dealing with a political or economic stance. China needs us more than we need them...all will be settled by the end of the year if not sooner.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,022 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:21 AM

Not everyone lies:

https://www.nbcdfw.c...-491624361.html

#5 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:08 AM

The only subject of the talks was the level of the Yuan. The US wants it to rise sharply.  China knows what happened when the last such arrangement was made and completed. US is trying to engineer an economic crash in China.  But first, it requires a bubble like the one two years ago where a number of US firms were kicked out for rigging markets.  In any event, the last such agreement between trade partners did nothing to reduce the trade imbalance.

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:12 AM

Here's something to do this weekend...click around all of the news shows on any or all channels and just listen to what's being said...it's all identical, a lot of it, word for word. It's like every news department gets a fax or e-mail on what the talking points are for the weekend and they just follow the script in an blatant attempt to form opinion. This goes on day after day.

There isn't independently minded media anymore (except OAN which does a great job both domestic and internationally, though they can get repetitive at times), no less, anything close to investigative journalism..it's all a sham, yellow journalism propaganda at it's very best.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#7 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:21 AM

They source a newswire.   The major media outlets extract the report and insert their own commentary or aidditional information.

#8 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:03 AM

They source a newswire.   The major media outlets extract the report and insert their own commentary or aidditional information.

Yep...and many times the source of these same news wires are the "major media outlets" and shared without due diligence.

Anyway, with the SPX at new all time highs, this piece of "news" isn't important....just a distraction for those looking to reinforce a bias.

Fib

#9 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:43 PM

QE's, share buybacks, pension funding, and debt issuance don't care about news or technicals.  

#10 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:00 PM

QE's, share buybacks, pension funding, and debt issuance don't care about news or technicals.  

Disagree...at the end of the day it's all about valuations and supply/demand.

The rest are just distractions and falsehoods.

Fib