Photo

Prediction: Here Comes a Bear Killer Rally.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:27 PM

midnite thurs

https://www.siliconi...?msgid=31759519

#12 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:50 PM

Hey Semi,

Short the close... mondays a bradley and Sept will be a blood bath. Ok 1 bear hows that!!

#13 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:47 PM

oh yeah, I see it .     bear and blood bath ....    by the way, Tuesday is a bradley date.

#14 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:30 PM

1929 high was on 9/3, 1987 on 8/25. Hmmm.

Seriously? Please.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#15 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:44 AM

oh yeah, I see it .     bear and blood bath ....    by the way, Tuesday is a bradley date.

Yes your right it is Tuesday... but I stand by my September assessment. The rally yesterday was a farce... the fed will do gradual adjustments to interest rates, Really? Were investors expecting a 2 point rise instead of 1/4 point at a time? Watch and see what develops next two weeks.

#16 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:45 AM

Yes your right it is Tuesday... but I stand by my September assessment. The rally yesterday was a farce... the fed will do gradual adjustments to interest rates, Really? Were investors expecting a 2 point rise instead of 1/4 point at a time? Watch and see what develops next two weeks.

#17 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:23 AM

I guess you bought your usual 50-100 DOTM puts for next week. The rally closed on higher internals, how can that be a farce ?

If you have a good track record at picking turns before they happen then have at it, but as I remember the last long on gold didn't work out.

Better to buy oversold hourly MACD dips(well below zero with divergence) than try to pick tops. The market is pretty much digesting bad news

and still working higher. Right now I'm long stocks, don't see any reason for options unless we get a dip to buy.

Edited by CLK, 25 August 2018 - 08:24 AM.

#18 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:36 AM

president will be angry even if a 0.5 rate hack happens. FED will be evaporated from earth if 2.0 rate hack happens.

#19 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:43 PM

Trading range ... probably go low from here.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#20 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:07 PM

DD,

When I say "backed into" a signal, I mean that a "sell" cross-over was generated with essentially sideways trading. Price should confirm the "reversal" of "momentum." If it doesn't, chances are, it's a fade--perfect for bagging amateurs who are trading indicators that they don't yet understand..

Good call, Mark.

Intraday-day breadth on SPX was good today also. Very clear signals.

May I ask a question, if the information is not proprietary?

How does 'backing' into a momentum sell, look as opposed to - well, the other?

Thanks in advance.

On another site I stated that I have a trading range in the books for a while, till a clear signal is given. But clearly, there's a alight upward bias so far.

Best regards to you and the board.

~D

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter