Near term patterns bullish?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#71 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 07:59 PM

and one other point we are now at the 27 month time period from the top in gld in 2016

gld vibrates to the number 9 . is this time period significant i dont know but it is 

setting up to be it can fail just as many others have so i am not getting excited until i 

see some proof but at least the setup is there both time wise and technically for a bottom 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#72 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:33 PM

This monthly chart puts it into a bigger perspective... the only "INVESTABLE" opportunities start with a V-Bottom... the timeframes you mentioned are barely a blip compared to the big rallies that started from V-Bottoms... So holding gold is dead money right now and it has been now for about 5 years... great for trading, poison for long term holding... going NOWHERE.

gold100718m.thumb.JPG.b82dfa086f4c07f349

That is not entirely true, your chart does not include the start of the bull market in 1999 then it went sideways for about 1.5 years before it finally started to move up. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#73 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:36 AM

Perhaps Senor is totally full of BS but I "smell" a sharp upward move in the miners soon, now soon could mean today or the next several days and we may need some modest new decline lows first but IMO its not far away. Can't say I have any clear wave counts that strongly support my "nose" but its what I "smell" coming. As always DYODD and we will see if the "nose knows"sweatingbullets.gif

Senor

#74 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:33 PM

From your lips to God's ears.

#75 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:26 AM

Perhaps Senor is totally full of BS but I "smell" a sharp upward move in the miners soon, now soon could mean today or the next several days and we may need some modest new decline lows first but IMO its not far away. Can't say I have any clear wave counts that strongly support my "nose" but its what I "smell" coming. As always DYODD and we will see if the "nose knows"sweatingbullets.gif

Senor

Dang, looks like the "nose" still works once in a while, I capped it off with a mtn bike ride yesterday late morning for added effectyes.gif Want a strong close here, no sharp reversal should occur IF this a daily wave 3 norte as it currently appears basis many charts I look at, we see

Senor

#76 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:00 AM

You nailed it...

In my world the 3rd wave is confirmed when XAU closes over 69.6;  curr. 68.6

GDX has already confirmed.

Edited by Smithy, 11 October 2018 - 11:04 AM.

#77 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:30 AM

Silver amd SLV which lagged gold last week IMO look very interesting and potentially very bullish here near term. Last weeks rally look like a clean 5 up from 1-6 hr charts and not to a new high, if correct silver could play "catch up" and launch next week, just another bullish piece of the puzzle IMO

Senor

#78 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

Silver amd SLV which lagged gold last week IMO look very interesting and potentially very bullish here near term. Last weeks rally look like a clean 5 up from 1-6 hr charts and not to a new high, if correct silver could play "catch up" and launch next week, just another bullish piece of the puzzle IMO

Senor

Boom! Silver count looks Bueno so far, IMO SLV should move rapidly above 14 and take odd, great start to the week as a iii of 3 appears to be unfolding across the boardyes.gif Not getting cocky but so far following the script,  if it deviates so will I

Senor

#79 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:00 AM

went flat with nice gains, at resistance and would rather re-enter on strength, watching UUP VERY closely as it either bottoms at this 25.2 area or accelerates sharply lower IMO, I am now only a TRADER here FWIW and as always DYODD

Senor

#80 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:08 AM

went flat with nice gains, at resistance and would rather re-enter on strength, watching UUP VERY closely as it either bottoms at this 25.2 area or accelerates sharply lower IMO, I am now only a TRADER here FWIW and as always DYODD

Senor

Bueno trading Señor.