ST Long, IT Long, be ready to reverse !

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:28 AM

Nice rally yesterday, lots of dip-buying, market went up first, retraced some, then rallies again, mini retracements throughout the session were met with more buying as SPX finished near the highs. 

ST long stop exit @ 2901.3

IT short stop exit @ 2897.7

Be ready to exit and reverse if the market cannot move past the record high SPX, only a few points away, or if there is selling during the last hour or two. I use the 15-minute and hourly closes in relation to daily SPX stops to assess and evaluate where the market is and decide on possible new entry or exit from existing positions. BUT, I am a "shoot and ask questions later" trader: close positions if I am not sure or do not like the behavior of the market, and then decide later to re-enter in the same direction or reverse or stay on the sidelines.

#2 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:29 AM

If you haven't looked at the CRUDE market, you should, lots of good trendy action  long & short. 

I am still partially short, added QQQ puts yesterday.

Looking to also open VXX positions today

#3 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:36 AM

We have closed almost all APPLE & AMZN holdings in our LONG TERM INVESTMENT portfolio

There will be many opportunities to buy it lower, much lower than current values

#4 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:08 AM

They starting to go after AAPL here....is this the start of it?

#5 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:08 PM

Long VXX @ 27.50

This has been a very slows afternoon session after a good day-trading morning

Am long ES since 13:16pm @ 2899 and almost two hours later, the grind has taken it up to 2904.5, STOP at 2902.75 now, raising it by 1/2 point intervals...