Elevated Risk of a Turn on Monday and Tuesday Morning

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

My risk window trading system indicates that there is an elevated risk of a turn or acceleration of the current trend from Monday the 17th until the morning of Tuesday the 18th.   

The low last week occurred in the opening minutes of Tuesday's trading just outside the Monday risk window. So I guess that's a near miss rather than a complete dud.  Signals with a lot of risk turns are more like a shot gun blast than a rifle bullet.  The jury is still out on the turn down during the Friday risk window which like last week extends into the beginning of this coming week.

The severe sell off I was worried about the last several weeks based on the lousy numbers generated by my system has so far failed to materialize.  The system is just hanging onto its sell signal by its finger nails.  I guess if the system flips to buy this week, I'm gonna have to drag that crow pie out of the frig and eat it feathers and all. 

Speaking of birds, my black swan detector was triggered this past week.  I know that every one of these harbingers that have braved the East River run to Wall Street have been mercilessly blasted out the sky.  I suppose its fate one way or another should be sealed by the close of the risk window in the early days of this week with mort subite being its likely destiny.

Regards,

Douglas

#2 AK2

AK2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:45 PM

Your forecast concurs with mine, except I use Elliott waves.  I'm expecting a c wave down to 2862 and below.  That conspicuous drop on Friday likely ended a corrective b wave up.  Prices did not retrace it, so if markets start heading lower tomorrow, you and I are still in the game.  Above ~2909 and we're in the dog house.

As far as your black swan indicator, you're on your own......

Edited by AK2, 16 September 2018 - 05:47 PM.

#3 bighouse1006

bighouse1006

• Traders-Talk User
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:12 PM

Ill take the other side of that trade. Higher through Wednesday.

#4 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:26 AM

The risk window system results that I am publishing here simply indicates that the risk of a turn down is higher than normal during the Friday the 14 through Tuesday the 18th morning window, OR prices may rapidly accelerate upward if the turn down fails to appear (shorts covering).  So at this point I don't know which of you will be correct.  My personal bias is down because my trading system still has a sell signal, but that cotton pickin' cracked crystal ball system has had a sell signal for several weeks now to no avail.  

Regards,

Douglas

Edited by Douglas, 17 September 2018 - 07:26 AM.

#5 bighouse1006

bighouse1006

• Traders-Talk User
  • 577 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:14 PM

Was stopped out of all longs once we broke Fridays low. Maybe a bounce tomorrow then lower.

#6 bighouse1006

bighouse1006

• Traders-Talk User
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:56 PM

At least the Dow is following my forecast.

#7 AK2

AK2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:07 PM

cheer.gif

You did indeed call today's market.