China Said It will Not Hold Trade Talks with US and Will Retaliate

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

correct me if I am wrong, in English it is called "shooting your own leg" smile.png

That would be "shooting oneself in the foot".

That said...the pressure over in China right now is so acute that I'm now pushing up the timeline from December to October for a resolution...though they may decide to wait till after the mid terms to see where the power lies even though it may become critical by that stage.

Fib

Regarding the resolution you expect forthcoming, what conditions do you feel will make this a good deal.

Parity.

Fib

Parity not going to happen.  Deal....not going to happen either.

With that type of thinking, not only does it show a lack of business experience, but you will be left in the dust as the world markets explode higher.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#12 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:51 AM

correct me if I am wrong, in English it is called "shooting your own leg" smile.png

That said...the pressure over in China right now is so acute that I'm now pushing up the timeline from December to October for a resolution...though they may decide to wait till after the mid terms to see where the power lies even though it may become critical by that stage.

Fib

Regarding the resolution you expect forthcoming, what conditions do you feel will make this a good deal.

Parity.

Fib

#13 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:25 AM

Fib

Parity.

Fib

With that type of thinking, not only does it show a lack of business experience, but you will be left in the dust as the world markets explode higher.

Fib

in fact the only way USD was a world currency (otherwise how it can go to other countries?) is to have US as world consumer with usual ever increasing deficit.

Destroying that will lead to USD loosing it's position as world currency. Are you sure it's positive?

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#14 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:25 AM

in fact the only way USD was a world currency (otherwise how it can go to other countries?) is to have US as world consumer with usual ever increasing deficit.

Destroying that will lead to USD loosing it's position as world currency. Are you sure it's positive?

A currency is only as good as the strength of the Government behind it.

This is the main reason why the U.S. Dollar is the currency in which all else measured...having the most stable Government on the planet due to our Constitution.

Never, ever, forget that. Other opinions are just that, opinions, with or without malice.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 19 September 2018 - 09:25 AM.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#15 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

This is the main reason why the U.S. Dollar is the currency in which all else measured...having the most stable Government on the planet due to our Constitution.

Never, ever, forget that. Other opinions are just that, opinions, with or without malice.

Fib

Pfff, total nosense. Trump govt (as well as Bush junior) is a joke. There are hundreds of more strong and stable governments, now and in the past, just to name a few: North Korea, China, Canada, Ottoman Empire, Mongolia and Japan, nazi Germany and Stalin USSR.

As well as US government of Nixon, Hoover and some others was total joke.

The only reason USD is the global currency - it was decided so in the year 1944, to offset the British pound, cos UK was to small to be a world's consumer.

#16 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:44 AM

Stable, unstable, stable, unstable...she loves me, she loves me not...

Working on a rising wedgie? sick.gif

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#17 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

Pfff, total nosense.

Yep...agreed. Everything after this comment was....total nonsense and lacks the knowledge of geopolitical history.

Fib

#18 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:55 PM

Pfff, total nosense.

Yep...agreed. Everything after this comment was....total nonsense and lacks the knowledge of geopolitical history.

Fib
Americans and history, eh? ;)

#19 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:16 PM

Pfff, total nosense.

Fib
Americans and history, eh? wink.png

Um...yea...you have a point?

Fib

#20 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:56 AM

Pfff, total nosense.

Fib
Americans and history, eh? wink.png

Um...yea...you have a point?

Fib

no, nothing. May be I am wrong, but IMHO your opinion is just a Matrix type, you have little knowledge of real stuff, correspondingly of little interest for me. Good luck.