20 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:57 PM

From the link:

Can a dummy become a genius?

With the right setup and a dose of luck, in stock trading, of course. Maybe not to the level I am about to chart (see below), but it happens more often one might think.

It’s the setup that creates the luck. And it takes persistence and experience to recognize the opportunity, and discipline to play it out.

TLRY - UP 400% AND THIS IS A STOCK!

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 chr63

chr63

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:19 PM

I've been in TLRY a few weeks now and it has been great.  You think this ride is almost over?  I took some profits off the table today after this monster jump.

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM

I've been in TLRY a few weeks now and it has been great.  You think this ride is almost over?  I took some profits off the table today after this monster jump.

I have no idea when it will be over.  This is like AMZN and Yahoo and CMGI in 1999.  But going up 40% today after the run its already had sure feels like the crazy that could end it. 

Joe Granville used to say when the mugger comes up to you and says "Give me that bag! Give them that bag."  Right now buyers in TLRY are muggers and the stock you're holding is the bag.

Congrats on the profits so far.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:24 AM

Talk about getting "higher and higher"!

"Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution. We aspire to lead, legitimize and define the future of our industry by building the world’s most trusted cannabis company."

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:29 AM

Suspect this price violence gone parabolic is not going to end well.

#6 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:40 AM

Will look at this, may buy on any pullback

Do you have any more candidates for this magnitude of rally?

#7 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:02 PM

TLRY just passed 18 million shares traded.

What's that got to do with anything?

That's its entire float... Halfway through the day.

swoon.gifbiggrin.png

#8 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:58 PM

just got a headline saying it has "paused" because of 70% surge !  

#9 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:02 PM

just got a headline saying it has "paused" because of 70% surge !  

Brendan Kennedy, the founder and CEO, just touched made $17billion and lost $3.1billion of it in the past 20 minutes.

Edited by diogenes227, 19 September 2018 - 02:07 PM.

#10 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:14 PM

This is HOT! 

can't take my eyes off this chart...

halted again, opened again, surging by 60% today