Milking the bull market

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:11 AM

Great job Nav! But I think most traders are bullish. Most of the sentiment I see leans bullish. I dont see the constant bearish sentiment I normally see. I developed a program that matches the short term candlestick patterns with patterns from the past. A year or 2 ago it would give a couple bearish options. Not lately, they are all bullish.

This board is predominantly bearish. That said, there is a lot of useful sentiment data to be gathered by just watching the behaviour of certain posters. 

The passive folks, retirement money, foreign money are driving this bull. I do see signs of speculative behaviour developing. I don't see it in the U.S indices yet. But you can see it on the Nikkei, the Cannabis stocks in U.S. When the U.S indices goes nuts like Nikkei and the garbage starts rallying, i would get concerned. But i think it's months away. 

.....and Fib who never says anything but up. 

Really?  laugh.png

Amazing.

Fib

Ya really, I've never read one post from you about an actual trade with the movement of the market!!yes.gif 

So how do you know I say "anything but up" if I don't post a trade or an opinion??

And even if I did, I guess I've been right on the money wouldn't you say?

So thanks (I guess) for the testimony.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#12 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,445 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:35 AM

Great job Nav! But I think most traders are bullish. Most of the sentiment I see leans bullish. I dont see the constant bearish sentiment I normally see. I developed a program that matches the short term candlestick patterns with patterns from the past. A year or 2 ago it would give a couple bearish options. Not lately, they are all bullish.

This board is predominantly bearish. That said, there is a lot of useful sentiment data to be gathered by just watching the behaviour of certain posters. 

The passive folks, retirement money, foreign money are driving this bull. I do see signs of speculative behaviour developing. I don't see it in the U.S indices yet. But you can see it on the Nikkei, the Cannabis stocks in U.S. When the U.S indices goes nuts like Nikkei and the garbage starts rallying, i would get concerned. But i think it's months away. 

Really?  laugh.png

Amazing.

Fib

Ya really, I've never read one post from you about an actual trade with the movement of the market!!yes.gif

So how do you know I say "anything but up" if I don't post a trade or an opinion??

Fib

Cause a long time ago you said it was going up think that was about it!  Sure your right and great job but since this is called "traders talk" meaning the market goes up and down we all need to respect other peoples opinions.  Now if it was called "buy and hold talk" and someone said the market was going down, then its ok to speak up.  Anyhow, again good job!

#13 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

Really?  laugh.png

Amazing.

Fib

Fib

Cause a long time ago you said it was going up think that was about it!  Sure your right and great job but since this is called "traders talk" meaning the market goes up and down we all need to respect other peoples opinions.  Now if it was called "buy and hold talk" and someone said the market was going down, then its ok to speak up.  Anyhow, again good job!

Well..let's make it absolutely clear then...I haven't been a buy and hold guy for at least 25 years.

Assumptions only get you in trouble...if you want to know my opinion, all you have to do is ask.

I have NEVER skirted a question in all the years I've been a member of the board. In fact, I probably give more detailed technical answers that you can learn from than anyone else.

Problem is...nobody ever asks...which means...nobody really cares unless you give them trading information for free (and then you get ridiculed for trolling for subscribers which just makes me go away again).

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#14 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,445 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:02 AM

Really?  laugh.png

Amazing.

Fib

Fib

Well..let's make it absolutely clear then...I haven't been a buy and hold guy for at least 25 years.

Assumptions only get you in trouble...if you want to know my opinion, all you have to do is ask.

I have NEVER skirted a question in all the years I've been a member of the board. In fact, I probably give more detailed technical answers that you can learn from than anyone else.

Problem is...nobody ever asks...which means...nobody really cares unless you give them trading information for free (and then you get ridiculed for trolling for subscribers which just makes me go away again).

Fib

Ok, where do you think this rally will end before the next dip is to buy?

#15 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:23 PM

Really?  laugh.png

Amazing.

Fib

Fib

Fib

Ok, where do you think this rally will end before the next dip is to buy?

Probably today....though the "dip to buy" might be lower than you may believe.

From Weekly Breadth Data review from 9/7/18:

So with the BETS moving sharply lower this week to a +10 reading, we are now back to a "neutral, cash position" trading stance for investors. With many of the breadth McClellan Oscillators still supporting patterns of rising bottoms, the abrupt weakness that we saw in the interest rates sensitive issues last week did break the divergent bullish back of the NYSE Composite breadth McClellan Oscillator on Friday. This now suggests that it's unlikely that there will be any further rally beyond September OPEX on the 21st, and that there is likely to be some bearish turbulence as we go into the beginning of October as the market internals find a way to construct a new platform. Because of this then, traders and scalpers are back to playing "hit and run" with their daily trades, while with investors it's likely that we'll see the markets firm for the next couple weeks providing exit points along the way for any open long positions.

This expectation continues to be on the front burner at this time.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 21 September 2018 - 12:24 PM.

#16 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:38 PM

Thank you, Fib.

#17 Spectacular Bid

Spectacular Bid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 852 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:33 PM

Yes Thank You Fib

#18 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:14 PM

Thank you Fib

#19 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:44 PM

Thanks Dave.

#20 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:01 AM

And thanks to Nav for posting his real-time trades!