WOW! 11-hour trading marathon....Decision Point IT buy

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,200 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:00 PM

Have been trading the Globex session,two or three hours before the cash session opens, as activity has increased with good action in NQ, Crude, and VXX. Today, I had an 11-hour trading marathon session starting from 5am all the way to 4pm! 

Can't sustain this for long and I expect to revert to trading only during the cash session NY exchanges. 

My IT is still on buy while St reversed to SHORT and then LONG. Updates tomorrow

Decision Point has an IT BUY, see link below, but I disagree, this market is setting up for a major move down, and soon.

Energy Sector Moves to IT BUY Signal - All Sectors, All on BUYs IT and LT
Erin Swenlin |  September 25, 2018 at 05:27 PM

https://stockcharts....-it-and-lt.html

#2 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,200 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:55 PM

Got to look at SOX options tomorrow.... Chip Stocks Tumble as Raymond James Is Latest to Sound Alarm By 

September 25, 2018, 1:51 PM GMT-4

Another analyst is issuing a warning on semiconductor stocks.

Raymond James’s Chris Caso cited a deterioration in sentiment this month and rising inventory levels in downgrading the group. The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index fell as much as 1.8 percent with CypressSemiconductor Corp. and NXP Semiconductors pacing declines.

“We spent the last week in Asia, meeting with a number of handset, networking and PC supply chain players,” Caso wrote in a research note. “Based on the data we collected, we have concluded that we have entered a cyclical downturn.”

https://www.bloomber...-to-sound-alarm

#3 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:04 PM

Does anyone follow the KNOW etf ?   HUGE record drop today and seems set to do a repeat of February 2, 2018.   Not sure how effective KNOW is as a leading indicator of insider sentiment towards the indices.

Also notable the fed meeting was on January 31st, 2018.  then the next trading day was a consolidation day with an inverted hammer. then the next 2 days where huge down gap downs 6% in 2 days.

It seems like we are setup for a repeat.  

Fed meeting WEDNESDAY.

Consolidation or hammer reversal THURSDAY.

Then GAP DOWN friday big down bar and then follow through GAP DOWN Monday of next week to start October trading !!!!!!

Fits perfect into the calendar and candle construction. Wow.

#4 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,200 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:26 AM

I agree of a big down during the next few weeks but I am not as yet seeing the latest buy-the-dippers losing resolve and energy as they buy every dip. 

The moment of realization will come when buy-the-dippers start losing money, then faith in the "sure" buy-the-dip trades, and then an avalanche of exits will results in the market move down. 

As well as hard cash losses, it's also a sentiment and psychology issue. 

#5 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,200 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:46 AM

IT LONG exit stop @ SPX 2915.7

ST LONG exit stop @ SPX 2919.2

#6 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,650 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:19 AM

NAZ Breadth still acting crappy...

IF bulls cant hold NQ 7600 on this wave down, bears may start to take control again...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#7 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,200 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:41 AM

SPX 2912/16 very important support zone

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,016 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

Nice action today so far...

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#9 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,200 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:07 PM

Got to decompress after that possible daily reversal SPX candle!

NQ held up well. 

VXX & VXX reversal. 

#10 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,650 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:43 PM

Whole lot of long tail candles on multiple time frames on NQ.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy