NYAD

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:25 AM

There is a glaring divergence over a couple weeks time.

Fib,I know you will think it doesn't matter since NYAD is way above aths relative to NYA, but these divergences rarely show up, last time was 2015-16
correction.

#2 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:03 PM

I use a 15 min 200 MA on the cumulative nasdaq tick and the nyse tick.....MA slope on both heading downhill for atleast a week now.  Not supporting this market at all.....too many sells.  And the RUT still looking rather sick....

#3 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:59 PM

October surprise ?

Tomorrow last trading day of September monthly bar

A gap down tomorrow and red candle seems the perfect way to set up Monday October 1st trading psychology or the next monthly bar

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:05 PM

Fib,I know you will think it doesn't matter since NYAD is way above aths relative to NYA, but these divergences rarely show up, last time was 2015-16
correction.

I don't know how you know this...you haven't asked for my opinion, and you're certainly not a subscriber, so how do you EXACTLY know what my opinion and/or analysis is?

It seems that even on message boards people can allege what others are thinking without any kind of substantive proof to do so.

And, no, I will not respond if asked...this is your baby.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:57 PM

correction.

I don't know how you know this...you haven't asked for my opinion, and you're certainly not a subscriber, so how do you EXACTLY know what my opinion and/or analysis is?

It seems that even on message boards people can allege what others are thinking without any kind of substantive proof to do so.

Fib

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

#6 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:49 PM

correction.

Fib

Look, you have always given me the answer I was talking about in this same situation, so I had to assume

it would be no different. If you have other internals setups that are bearish, ok, but in this NYAD setup you

have always told me no because NYAD was near all time highs regardless of the divergence and poor price of NYA, SPX,etc.

Edited by CLK, 27 September 2018 - 07:54 PM.

#7 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:44 PM

Still in freefall, very dangerous

NYSI.png

#8 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:36 AM

The divergence is actually over about a month's time, so that's even more of a bearish sign as distribution has

been going on. I am still just going to trade price, internals don't mean much other than possibly predicting

in this case that the downside moves could bring more than just 30-40 points.

Edited by CLK, 28 September 2018 - 04:37 AM.

#9 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:37 AM

The divergence is actually over about a month's time, so that's even more of a bearish sign as distribution has been going on.

Let's be absolutely clear here...this is NOT a sign of distribution...it's a sign of liquidity levels in relation to underlying price support.

If you're going to "analyze" something technical at least take the time to functionally understand what you're looking at.

As far as the MCSUM is concerned, the directional trending sequence is not always that of being "dangerous" or constructive.

Most times it's just the market easing off its emotional monetary extremes (supply and demand).

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 28 September 2018 - 05:38 AM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#10 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:24 PM

The divergence is actually over about a month's time, so that's even more of a bearish sign as distribution has been going on.

Let's be absolutely clear here...this is NOT a sign of distribution...it's a sign of liquidity levels in relation to underlying price support.

If you're going to "analyze" something technical at least take the time to functionally understand what you're looking at.

As far as the MCSUM is concerned, the directional trending sequence is not always that of being "dangerous" or constructive.

Most times it's just the market easing off its emotional monetary extremes (supply and demand).

Fib

Wrong again.  The A/D is supposed to be your expertise, yet you completely ignored this historical divergence.