Tesla Rant Part II

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:54 PM

I went on a mini-rant back on 9.7.18, when Elon Musk single-handedly caused a loss of market capitalization in Tesla by $3,000,000,000 in ONE day, when he thought he was doing his shareholders a service by smoking pot on a webcast... as the Guinness Stout character would say, BRILLIANT!

If that wasn't enough damage for a single year, his utterly unguarded speech from early August, just cost his shareholders over $7,650,000,000 in ONE single day, when today, the Fed decided to file suit against him for violating FTC regulations in those unguarded remarks, and Tesla sold off to the tune of $42.75/share - and note, on the highest volume since 2013.

Being a brilliant and visionary person (SpaceX, Tesla, Hyperloop trains), does NOT qualify one to perform the office of CEO... .

IMHO, Elon Musk should step down and let others run these companies, while he continues to come up with more brilliant, visionary ideas!

TSLA_D_9.28.18.jpg

And as a follow-up to my rant, here's an update on the original daily log-scale Tesla chart I first posted on 7.24.18...

At that time, Tesla was in a topping formation... now it has topped and has begun its bear market. .

There are plenty of supports below... first at ~244, then next at ~180... watching.

TSLA_D_9.28.18-1.jpg

Edited by tsharp, 28 September 2018 - 06:57 PM.

#2 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:53 PM

WOW... I didn't think my rant would be taken so seriously, so quickly!

Musk.jpg

https://money.cnn.co...ment/index.html

#3 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:46 AM

When is enough, enough?!?

I called for Elon Musk to step down from the leadership of Tesla, due to his inability to self-govern his words and behavior, and the next day he stepped down from the board, but retained his title as CEO... 

Apparently, that's NOT ENOUGH !!!

Mr. Musk thinks it's serving his shareholders well to take shots at and be critical of the SEC, who's job it is to protect shareholders from the kind manure Elon continues to subject his shareholders to... he needs to completely, for the long-term, resign from ANY leadership role with Tesla!

At the time of this post, his actions have cost shareholders another $2.5 Billion, with the stock down $14/share.

TSLA_D_10.5.18.jpg

#4 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:42 AM

it looks like TSLA is going to go bust.   interest rates spiking, inability to service debt or get new debt,  slow down in auto sector, trade tariffs, etc etc.