Techs

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:02 AM

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

It may be the techs have rolled over... watching.

NDX_D_10.5.18.jpg

NDX_W_10.5.18.jpg

GOOGL_D_10.5.18.jpg

My first upper target for Apple was 234.11, and last week it peaked at 233.47... the top may be in, but I also realize all techs will not necessarily top at the same time...

AAPL_W_10.5.18.jpg

#2 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

It appears the small caps are singing the same canary-in-the-mine song... 

If this fractal interpretation is correct, the small caps have reached their top also and are rolling over... twt.

RUT_D_10.5.18.jpg

#3 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:15 PM

It's been straddling the regression line for the channel for a long time before it broke and now heading for the bottom of the rising channel.

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:42 PM

How does one trade these long dated charts profitably, are they just a guide and only mean anything in hindsight ?

I trade the hourly and I could see no other way to trade without losing often.

#5 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:49 PM

They provide context for swing trading... I only trade off the 240-min chart. so knowing the larger trend is important for me.

Last publicly updated SAR chart... my SAR just reversed from the long at 2832, to short from 2922:  

SP00_SAR_8.29.18-1.jpg

Edited by tsharp, 07 October 2018 - 12:51 PM.

#6 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:29 PM

NYSE stopped at.a Fibonacci retracement level of the January high.  Never made new highs.  S&P 400 Midcap also broke below the January high and in a downtrend.

Could see a pullback like February late this year or early next.  About the same amount of new debt is being issued as in February/March.  QE isn't able to absorb nearly 800 billion dollars in a short amount of time, but this one is spread out over 6 months with about one-third completed.

#7 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:25 PM

How does one trade these long dated charts profitably, are they just a guide and only mean anything in hindsight ?

Besides that, not everybody here day trades... some play options, some swing trade, some go with individual stocks... AND this forum is to discuss TA; right?

#8 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:53 PM

Besides that, not everybody here day trades... some play options, some swing trade, some go with individual stocks... AND this forum is to discuss TA; right?

No argument here, people post for various reasons.  Some would rather not post trades and short term setups.

#9 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:39 PM

As far as tech goes, this is the one to watch as a bellweather.

The "Poster Child" for the 1999 mania, egged on by Dan "The Greaseman" Niles and Henry Blodgett

Edited by PrintFaster, 07 October 2018 - 05:40 PM.

#10 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:04 AM

What i don't understand is you call for a long term top in Nasdaq and at the same time call for S&P 5300 long term. That says your analysis w.r.t to one of them is big time wrong !

Edited by NAV, 08 October 2018 - 12:05 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV