A Nasdaq bounce for the rest of the week

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:22 AM

Looks like you might have to change your system to bear market rules.

As noted in the BLOG that is on my mind.

I'm trying to see if the bulls have a last hurrah.  All of my bellwether stocks, except BIDU, are bouncing from the open today so this may be another hurrah (whether it is the last one is yet to be determined).

Edited by diogenes227, 09 October 2018 - 10:25 AM.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#12 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,905 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:25 AM

OK held it...12960 now good sell stop...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#13 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:29 AM

No decent rally possible unless one of the Chop Houses upgrades the semis and fires the 1999 "Starter Pistol", LOL

#14 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:45 AM

It's actually here.  They moved a lot of the FAANG's into XLC (communications) and XLY (retail) and out of XLK (technology).

https://finance.yaho...uote/xlc/?p=xlc

#15 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,933 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:52 AM

The bounce now got sold.  With VIX remains high I'd expect another overnight tanking in index futures.............. 

#16 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,933 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:04 PM

The bounce now got sold.  With VIX remains high I'd expect another overnight tanking in index futures.............. 

Bulls need to get VIX under control for a turn around.  Let's see if they can do this in the afternoon today. At this point there is a good chance that VIX will be pushed lower into the close..................

Edited by redfoliage2, 09 October 2018 - 12:12 PM.

#17 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,905 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:55 PM

BIG battle...

Let's see if bulls can get it off the floor last hour....they had better hope so...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#18 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

Whattaya know?  The Nasdaq just got a dose of Trader Vic on market expectations:

From the link above going into Tuesday:

I’m expecting a bounce right now. Tomorrow is a day to focus on the open for longs in stocks, options and futures on the major indexes, but I always keep in mind what Trader Vic Sperandeo once said: “If the market doesn’t do what one expects, it is likely to do the opposite twice as much.”

The flat sideways Tuesday cued a bigger move, just not in the direction I was expecting. May still bounce up the rest of the week from this lower level.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."