Wave pattern update

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:50 PM

Few weeks back posted this chart for a minimum completed wave off the May wave (4) low. Couple more week time and after five down, bounce I will be able
to determine if the advance since May was just wave 1 of a fifth or was it the completion of the advance since 2009.
https://pbs.twimg.co...KRaX4AEg_8L.jpg
"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#2 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:19 PM

No disrespect, Larry, but the size of the drop here does not compute, unless THE top is in, and I do not see it that way...

I suggest this drop is a part of wave-iv, the wave-c leg down with the most likely target (in my work) of ~2600 SPX... twt.

SPX_D_10.10.18.jpg

#3 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:33 PM

I am with this decline being a C Wave Down before Wave 5 up.

#4 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:41 PM

P.S. wave-i & wave-ii are already complete, so this is a wave-iii portion of the decline...  wave-a:a:iv was a total of 10-trading-days... we are 6-days into this decline.

#5 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,759 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:43 PM

I am curious as to you guys take on NY Composite

Looks to me like Jan was THE top, and now wave 3 down just gettin' underway after the final breakout/fakeout move above 13K...

I have always found that it is MUCH better to look at multiple indexes, as one may give a better look at things than another....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#6 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:24 PM

Imo, because of the look of the NYA and the DOW, this most recent top in the SP500 and the DOW is a Wave B with a Wave C down.

On a larger basis, this is how I am looking at it.

#7 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:21 AM

Imo, because of the look of the NYA and the DOW, this most recent top in the SP500 and the DOW is a Wave B with a Wave C down.

On a larger basis, this is how I am looking at it.

Could be a "C" wave, just sayin it "could" also be a fifth wave.
It died in the Fibonacci yellow box for a classic fifth wave after a triangle wave four.
We should know by the elections which it was.
"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)