Banking Sector Enters Bear Market

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:14 PM

The BKX is the banking index… last week I showed how its momentum indicator line was on the verge of dropping through its UTL at the +100 support level…

That happened this past week, and now by my standard of definition for a bear market, the BKX – banking sector – just entered into its bear market.

BKX-W-10-12-18-2.jpg

Today I will be looking at the six largest banks in the US - all of which have entered into their respective bear markets:

1. Bank of America – BAC
  2. JP Morgan – JPM
  3. Citigroup – C
  4. Wells Fargo –  WFC
  5. Goldman Sachs – GS
  6. Morgan Stanley – MS

If interested you can read the rest of the article here:  Link

#2 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:11 PM

Funny how each of these banks put out research notes a month ago predicting last week's collapse.

Forecasting their own demise.  Very unusual, or possibly a bear trap and they did it on purpose to sell down the tape only to run the market up to new highs after wards.

We shall see soon enough.

#3 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:13 PM

If the market is unable to continue the Friday's bounce then expect SPX to go below 2700 this week as some Wall street analysts are seeing another 5% down..............

Edited by redfoliage2, 14 October 2018 - 05:21 PM.

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:35 AM

I'll throw this one up as well...this is the advance/decline line of 240 financial related issues (banks, brokers, insurance etc.) along with the XLF (which has 68 components).

Like many of the other breadth charts I've posted over the last week or so, there was plenty of time position oneself before last week's "crash like" event took place.

Fib

breadthxlf101218.png

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions