A very bullish wave count: little room for error

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:42 AM

While I will admit some stuff is "fuzzy" here I do like what I see. I have GDX and HUI as having a daily 5 up from 9-11 to 10-23, not perfect but that last spike to the 10-23 highs does look like a 5th wave to me. I think the wave 2 declines possibly ended on 10/31 just below the 50-day MA, from the 10-31 lows to 11-5 highs I view as an hourly 5 up (smaller degree wave i) and then have todays decline ending or close to ending a wave "ii" correction right at the area of the 50-day MA. So I like the case for 1/2 and i/ii's to the upside as the potential bullish count, not a lot of room for error from here but I do like this count a good bit, we see and should have an answer soon as there is not much room to the downside IF this count is going to play out

Senor

#2 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:05 PM

Senor, my non EW stuff supports your count; in my world gold has to get off the dime anytime from now to a week from now.

The big moves in gold (1968-1980 and 2000-2011) occurred when the stock market more or less went sideways. I think stocks are headed north from here so I'm a little nervous about an extended gold bull, but we could get wage-push inflation that feeds both stocks and gold.

#3 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:28 PM

Senor, my non EW stuff supports your count; in my world gold has to get off the dime anytime from now to a week from now.

The big moves in gold (1968-1980 and 2000-2011) occurred when the stock market more or less went sideways. I think stocks are headed north from here so I'm a little nervous about an extended gold bull, but we could get wage-push inflation that feeds both stocks and gold.

I think S&P and DJI have big and pretty clear 5 -wave declines from their all-time highs and IMO are now on the verge of ending abc rallies, so at the least I am expecting another big wave down to below previous lows, just my take

Senor

#4 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:08 PM

I think S&P and DJI have big and pretty clear 5 -wave declines from their all-time highs and IMO are now on the verge of ending abc rallies, so at the least I am expecting another big wave down to below previous lows, just my take

Senor

that is what i see also . hadik has this rally ending the 19-23of november.     yes there is only one way out of the debt trap ..................inflate or die.    a question i have is when does the fed blink.  they are raising rates and qt cutting the debt.  this will stagnate the economy. its only a question of when and what happens between now and then. 

dharma

#5 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:44 PM

just listened to an Erik Hadik interview on youtube, he is the cycles expert that predicted the huge rally in early 2016, he thinks that was wave A, and we just saw B finish in August so he is looking for a C wave to continue up for a year or two, which is what my oscillator (same one that predicted the low in aug) is projecting.    

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#6 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:51 PM

just listened to an Erik Hadik interview on youtube, he is the cycles expert that predicted the huge rally in early 2016, he thinks that was wave A, and we just saw B finish in August so he is looking for a C wave to continue up for a year or two, which is what my oscillator (same one that predicted the low in aug) is projecting.    

Totally agree Russ, the 2016 rally was a 5 up wave 1 or A IMO, so eventually when this wave 2 or B ends we should get a rally above the 2016 highs. I really don't care beyond that at this time and we can revisit the discussion once the 2016  highs are exceeded. 

Senor

#7 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:33 PM

Totally agree Russ, the 2016 rally was a 5 up wave 1 or A IMO, so eventually when this wave 2 or B ends we should get a rally above the 2016 highs. I really don't care beyond that at this time and we can revisit the discussion once the 2016  highs are exceeded. 

Senor

Yes and that should extend for at least a year theoretically, the short term is more problematic maybe until Dec?

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#8 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:10 AM

there is a head and shoulders pattern in the xau which points to about 55 so i think we are 

headed down fwiw

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#9 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:48 AM

ouch

#10 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:40 PM

short term is tough with Friday's decline,I still like the case that downside is limited, however there is a case that the Sep lows might be tested in stuff like GDXJ, a large and sstained decline on Monday would add odds to that possibility IMO

Senor